Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
dalas-safari-club-convention.jpg

DALLAS - The 2016 DSC convention and expo - Texas' biggest showcase of hunting, sporting and outdoor adventure - returns to the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center and Omni Hotel Dallas Jan. 7-10. Sportsmen and women are invited to be a part of another record-breaking event to help support conservation, education and hunter advocacy initiatives around the world.The theme this year is Conservation.

The public-welcome event is one of America's premier fundraisers for conservation. Over the past six years, it has generated more than $ 6.7 million for wildlife programs, public education and hunter advocacy worldwide.

In the Dallas region, it trails only the HP Byron Nelson Golf Championship in raising funds for worthy causes, according to the Dallas Business Journal.

"Last year we set a new attendance record and expect more than 50,000 people to attend in 2016," said DSC Executive Director Ben Carter. "DSC raised more than $2.4 million for wildlife and youth education in 2015, and we're thinking even bigger for 2016 with the addition of around 150 more booth spaces. All indicators suggest another record-breaking event."

The expo (daily admission $20 per person, with multi-day and family discount packages available) offers 2016's first opportunity to shop for hunts with top outfitters from around the globe. Displays also include world-class sporting gear, firearms, art, collectibles, entertainment, seminars, auctions and more. Together, attractions cover the space of nearly nine football fields.
Children under 12 and active military (with ID) are free of charge.

For registered attendees, additional events, galas, awards and fundraisers are available. See details at https://www.biggame.org/convention/

Other event highlights of the 2016 DSC convention and expo include the presentation of the Weatherby Foundation International's prestigious Weatherby Award. Presentations of the esteemed Conklin Award, the Capstick Award and other awards will also be made. The Expo hall will feature unique taxidermy exhibits from around the world, exhibits from top conservation organizations, outfitter associations, and Texas Parks and Wildlife Dept. The convention will also feature daily seminars by authorities in hunting, conservation, wildlife management and more.

A special ladies luncheon and auction, demonstrations and special members events will also be offered throughout the four-day run of the family-friendly convention, which is volunteer driven and open to the public.

About Dallas Safari Club (DSC)
The Mission of DSC is to conserve wildlife and wilderness lands; to educate youth and the general public and to promote and protect the rights and interests of hunters worldwide. Get involved at www.biggame.org.

The big boys toy store.......and being in Dallas doesn't exactly hurt either!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
majisman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross