Tented Camps

We stayed in the tented camp in february and it was magical. We brought our girls aswell and they where catered for in every way. We stayed in Shamwari in 2010 who is a well known luxury camp not far away from this. And the tented camp was just as good as Shamwari:)

I have hunted out of tented camps in Tanzania, Botswana and Namibia at Eden though they are semi-tented with brick bases and floors and glass doors, very nice though. A tent camp gives an altogether different feel to the safari, especially if in a more remote area. I agree that a tent right next to the owners ranch house may seem a little bit of a stretch.
Another nice touch that many will not have experienced from the usual chalet hunt is being greeted by the camp tender in the wee hours with his quiet knock and call to "chai". To then step out of your tent into the cool morning air to a wash tub full of smoky hot water to wash away the night in. Magic!

Only issue I have with tented camps are that during the winters on the highveld they can be bitterly cold especially where there's no Eskom/ zesa power to keep electric blankets etc running! Zam Valley, Caprivi strip they work good! :)

Thank you for the kind words, gents! Only problem being so close to nature is getting woken up by the Jackal shouting in the valley below....:huntingrifle:

If they wake you up to early you get reduced price. Right! :laughing: Nice Camp setup Marius.

If they wake you up to early you get reduced price. Right! :laughing: Nice Camp setup Marius.

Bob, no reduced price from just getting woken up, but you do get a rebate for every jackal that you kill by chance. Serious.

Bob, no reduced price from just getting woken up, but you do get a rebate for every jackal that you kill by chance. Serious.

:hmmmer:, how much is the rebate so i can work out how many you need to get for a free hunt? :machinegun::biggrin:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KathrinMcG

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!