Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I think Kathy and I spent as much time at the TCI booth at DSC as any other booth.

They had some really nice stuff, and some really intriguing ways to mount animals. The picture does not do justice.

Kathy wants one of these!

photo (1).JPG

Well if that is all it takes to make here happy, you better get it for her!

Ann and I had a chance to tour the shop while in Zimbabwe. They have to be one of the most innovative out there. I don't know how you would get trophies from RSA to Zim and home at a reasonable cost though? Can't hurt to ask?

Yes , these pieces have really hit me also , artistically . I have some on the works right now.
I've seen this type of piece and really makes me want create some new taxidermy this way.
I have some extra full hides and am working on some of the designs in the studio.
I like them, Very different.

Yes , these pieces have really hit me also , artistically . I have some on the works right now.
I've seen this type of piece and really makes me want create some new taxidermy this way.
I have some extra full hides and am working on some of the designs in the studio.
I like them, Very different.

If I were affiliated with TCI and I saw what you wrote Dennis, I would be ecstatic!

Quite a compliment coming from someone as accomplished as yourself.

Tim

Cool idea. It does appeal to the artsy side.
Look forward to seeing your version Dennis.

Tarbe, you get me a zerba skin and You'll have one, I'll make you one and let's find a old shed door to put it on.

The piece is nice but the hair slips un repaired look real bad, that bottom jaw takes away from it but it is a nice way to do a blemished skin that will not make a good rug.

Oh boy....May can't come soon enough! :A Banana:

Bring an extra skin back. I guarantee I'll make one more stunning than this one !

Tim, isounds like your going to need a couple zebras! It can be cheaper to shoot yourself an extra zebra than to buy a skin, at least from some places.... Check out the skin prices at the airport.

A skin already made into a rug like those at "The Airport stores won't work at all for this , It has to be caped and prepped for a shoulder mount but have the entire skin attached. Skins made into rugs are mot usable for mounting something like this.

My point was they ask about twice as much for a skin like that as what it costs to shoot a zebra and have it caped. Not a good deal.

My point was they ask about twice as much for a skin like that as what it costs to shoot a zebra and have it caped. Not a good deal.

Plus you don't get to hunt it!!

Wow, what a great post, love it! Makes me want to shoot a few.

The work really was neat, and I would love to see what Dennis does with this!!!!

This would be a really cool option iIf you want a piece of art, or if you are limited on space. Like Tim said, the pictures don't do justice. I think I've got a couple more on my phone if I can geat them posted.

20150117_131711_resized.jpg

20150117_131717_resized.jpg

Yes Bob, they do I didn't word my post correctly I misunderstood you.

Sable looks nice but that Buffalo is a mess I don't fell buffalo could be done in any good way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross