Taxidermy Tags for your Safari

Discussion in 'Before & After the Hunt' started by Wildside Outdoors, May 20, 2014.

1. Wildside Outdoors

Wildside Outdoors AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RMEF, NWTF, SCI
    Hunted:
    Botswana, USA- AK, WY, UT, CO, TX, GA, FL, NC, TN, OH, IL, IN, MO, MI, and good ole KY.
    I always like seeing what everyone else has and getting ideas. Currently I am putting together taxidermy tags for the animals that my wife and I plan to harvest this August. Would anyone mind sharing ideas from past tags that you have taken? Information found, Materials, laminated, etc....

Thanks!

2. Blue Skies Hunting Adventures

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    Limpopo, Eastern Cape,Natal
    On my last trip, my outfitter made me some similar to luggage tags, put all required info on and laminated them free of charge.

3. Royal27

Royal27 GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    USA - TX, CO, GA. Africa - Zimbabwe and South Africa
    My taxidermist did the same thing. All I will have to do is tie wrap them on, tie wraps included.

4. K-man

K-man AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    RSA, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, British Columbia, Oklahoma, Texas, Kansas, Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming
    Both of my safaris I used stainless steel dog tags made with name, address, etc. Used hog rings with pliers to attach to both hides and heads, and I also use them here in the states. All of them survived the dip and pack process as well. Cost less than a dollar each and are reusable.

5. Divernhunter

Divernhunter AH Enthusiast

Member of:
    Life member NRA and NAHC Escalon Sportsmans club and Coalinga Rifle Club. Member of SCI
    Hunted:
    USA, RSA
    My Tax guy made laminated tags with zip-ties. Then my outfitter also put on his which were something like paper. He would write the info on them and it stayed good thru the dip and pack and being shipped to the USA.

6. Hamy

Hamy AH Member

Member of:
    Sask wildlife, Sask bowhunters, SCI, Estevan Archery Club, Sask archery Assc.
    does anyone have pictures or samples of these tags