Taxidermists doing Warthog rug mounts?

ThomasBeaham

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I saw a warthog rug mount several years ago at a trade show and thought it was an interesting concept. Since then I have lost that particular taxidermists business card and have come up empty handed via web search.Does anyone know a taxidermist doing these rug mounts? Thanks, Ty

Hi Thomas,

I am sure that any taxidermist worth his salt, can do a Warthog rugmount. Phone or e-mail a few and ask them if they are capable of doing such a mount. Should you be interested I can give you the details of a South African taxidermist that do make mounts like that.

That is an interesting request. I've never thought of warthog having a nice enough skin to be a rug mount. Might be kind of neat. Hmm.

Thomas, never have heard or saw a warth hog rug mount , do you have a picture of this ? must be a overtly done job.

Monish

That is a very easy job, I have never done a warty on one but have done many wild boars-razorbacks,etc.. Its just like a bear rug with head-open or closed mouth,padding and 2 colors of felt and then machine sewn and with d-rings on it for hanging.....and they don't take up much room........:)

That is a very easy job, I have never done a warty on one but have done many wild boars-razorbacks,etc.. Its just like a bear rug with head-open or closed mouth,padding and 2 colors of felt and then machine sewn and with d-rings on it for hanging.....and they don't take up much room........:)

Check out the web site for Field and Stream in South Africa, i am doing my work with them for 23 years they used to do pig rugs, they had a very good bushpig rug mount at one stage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg