AH fanatic
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rowland Ward (RW) & Association des Guides de Grande Chasse (AGGC)
Hunted
senegal, guinea, ivory coast, burkina faso, benin, cameroun, central africa, tanzania, zimbabwe, south africa
Mid september, my friends from france joined me in Tanzania for a 21 days Lion and Leopard hunt. We found 2 good lions together on day 10, we could not get a shot while we were at 17 paces !!!! We followed them for 9 days. On day 19, almost at the end of the safari, we found their kill, a young hippo. We dragged the bait in a open and waited. Just before dark, the 416 Rigby took him down. That was hard and exciting, what a long hunt. They shot some very good trophies, a 32" Nyassaland gnu, 40 1/2 East african Eland, a nice crocodile in a hole!!! a very old leopard and rare Harvey duiker.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Christophe,

Excellent trophies , the double dugga's have huge bosses Congratulations once again . The Blaser rifle is a handsome & accurate piece of ballistic art . Thanks for sharing ......

Monish

Congrat's this is a very perfect and complete safari... Unbelievable, really.

What a nice experience, isn't it, to see the smily face of a guest after such a nice safari...

I have 2 blaser Rifle myself for my guest a R93 7mm RM with a SWAROWSKI Z6 i 2.5 by 15 per 56 and a Blaser R8 with SWAROWSKI Z6 i 2 by 12 per 50 and it's a fantastic rifle for hunting.
Is it a good one for the soil in Africa recommanded or not? For me on my lattitude it's a perfect one...

What do you think Christophe?

Man what a grand ole eland, and that croc! He looks so old its a wonder he had any teeth left.
A safari i can only dream off.

Thanks Monish, and on the double wife and husband shot one each!!!! quite a challenge...
Lio, the hunter used a 300 Weatherby Blaser and 416 Rigby Heym. Blaser are great rifles but on a big caliber (375, 416R) you should use good bullet!!!
In any case when you get the right spot on the animal he is not going far.....
Thunder head, as you said it's a very old croc and the way we hunted it was just fantastic.. we saw the track on the river bed and we followed untill the hole where we could see the neck at about 2m.....it took quite a while before we got it out!!! fun I tell you...
Cheers
christophe

Great hunt report and pictures. I really like the 32" Nyassaland gnu, 40 1/2 East african Eland too. It certainly a dream safari for sure. I liked the free-range kudu too!

Thanks Christophe for sharing some pictures of your hunting season in Tanzania with us!

Simply beautiful trophies, Christophe!! Thanks for posting the photos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IonaLannin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!