AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA / Memphis Sport Shooting Association / K&M Shooting Complex, TN
I am about 10-25% along the way of thinking about a once-in-a-lifetime (i.e., before I start drooling and need a nanny) trip to Tanzania to hunt "free range" Cape Buffalo. Yes, I know it is costly! Has anyone heard anything good about Jack Brittingham's Tanzania Adventures? I delve in detail to make a living and, of all that I have seen, his page seems the best about furnishing information. I have already researched the paperwork, etc. got it copied, and it's already on his web page. Sideline: how long does it take for the Tanzanian Wildlife people to process a hunting permit application?

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
william i dont know how long , but try getting hold of @Norbert Reiner , or @Paddyc or @christophe morio who all are ph in tanzania. see what buff hunting they can offer as well. i know norbert and paddy both good blokes, and christophe i havent met but from the hunt reports he is good, and i would like to meet up with him sometime.

William,

As you mentioned, Tanzania ... for free range buffalo ... is a pretty expensive hunt which has the potential to fuel a lifetime of drooling while you lie to the nanny about how great a hunter you were :)! I wouldn't trust that to recommendations from strangers ... even the strangers on the best African hunting website in the world! I would go to Dallas Safari Club or Safari Club International Annual Conventions and meet the outfitters/PHs personally. There is a pretty short list of outfitters in Tanzania and if you go to one of the shows you should be able to meet most of them in person and get a feel for how they hunt and how well that matches your hunting preferences.

Good luck with the planning and make sure you post a hunt report because I know many of us on the site have Tanzania on our bucket list as well.

well scott all i was doing was offering william some options with very good phs whom he could ask questions with. there is nothing in it for me apart from wishing him a great buff hunt in tanzania. the following photos show that these phs are very capable of getting their clients top quality buffalo trophies. i agree its great to go to the shows to meet the outfitters and phs, but its also good to have contact with some before you go to hopefully meet them, as you should be able to get a feel as to whether you are on the same wave length. i always thought part of AH was to try to give people options and advice when they ask questions...........

Buffalo Selous Luhombero Hill Norbert reiners photos folllowed by Christophe Morios
watermark.php

Buffalo Selous Game Reserve
watermark.php

Massai Buffalo
watermark.php

Massai Buffalo
watermark.php

Massai Buffalo... 3 months of hunting.
watermark.php

Selous Buffalo
watermark.php

Massai Buffalo
watermark.php

Selous Buffalo
watermark.php

Buffalo Selous
watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
Norbert Reiner, Dec 25, 2014Report
#143Unlike+ QuoteReply

buffalo-jpg.32310
dsc01694-jpg.32311
dsc02041-jpg.32312
dsc02498-jpg.32313
dsc02676-jpg.32314
dsc02686-jpg.32315

Last edited by a moderator:
Spike, no worries ... I was definitely replying to William's request rather than your response ... and trying to make a joke. I certainly would pay a GREAT deal of attention to the recommendations coming from someone in the business. But, less attention than I would to MY face-to-face meeting with the outfitter.

Hi William,

There are many good outfitters in Tanzania, the market is full of choices to look at. You did not say if this is a 10 day or longer safari you are looking at. Tanzania has some great selection of animals on license.

Your initial decision to use Jack Brittingham's Tanzania Adventures is good, find out what camp and or PH that you will be assigned to or using. I have read some good reviews of their operation.

I suggest that you Also ask for the past 2 to 3 years of camp records for Cape Buffalo taken and names with phone numbers or e-mail addresses so that you can call or e-mail for references reviews. Jack has 3 different camps in Tanzania, so see which one would be in. This determines where you will land in Tanzania to be Air shuttled in to the field. Each will offer different selection of animals that you will have on license.

Your outfitters/PH will process your hunting license and will have it in place along with your rifle permit prior to your arrival. I would suggest that you use a quality travel agent to have your Tanzania visa in place prior to landing to speed your process in entry into the country. I used Gracy Travel to obtain my Visa and travel arrangement for me. They will need extra pictures of your passport photo to obtain your hunting license, visa and rifle permit, i think i had to send 6 pass port photos for this process to be in place for my entry. And it was smooth getting in to the country.

I see some others names have been brought up for you to check out or look at, Stay with what you are looking at, i know i would, if i were planning a trip.

Some great looking buff....

The old "onceinalifetime" ploy again eh? Right, good luck with that!:D:rolleyes::LOL:

Come on Mike !!!!
Why pushing the client over the border to Tanzania when we have even better buffalos in Zambia !!

Photos from Chifunda 47 " and one other 44" .... cant find those ones up in Tanzania any more..

clip_image003.jpg
buffalo-camara1.jpg

Come on Mike !!!!
Why pushing the client over the border to Tanzania when we have even better buffalos in Zambia !!

Photos from Chifunda 47 " and one other 44" .... cant find those ones up in Tanzania any more..

View attachment 46992 View attachment 46993

yup gordon some good ones this year but didnt have any photos. had someone shoot if i remember a 48incher in chifunda years ago when robin had it a great area. good that johnny got it. but william was asking about tanzania..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois