Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Thikundja Ndando is a Khwe San elder living in Bwabwata National Park, in Namibia. For the Khwe San, hunting is a traditional way of life, and essential for nutrition. He protests at efforts in the European Union to ban hunting.

Screen Shot 2016-09-26 at 11.09.53 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Uakatara Tjijombo is an ethnic Himba living in Mbombo Masitu Conservancy in Kunene, Namibia's arid north west. His people have a deep respect for wildlife.

Lucky Kasaona is Chief of a large area in Kunene, Namibia's arid north west. He explains that trophy hunting pays for conservation, and without it people would revert to poaching.

Chief Lucky Kasaona explains that people in Namibian conservancies suffer from lions and elephants and need compensation.

Martha Humu wants rural Namibians to have control over their wildlife and to benefit from hunting. The meat is used for the elderly.

I am definitely going to watch these videos. Thanks! Are these videos a part of an effort to educate delegates at the Cities event?

I am definitely going to watch these videos. Thanks! Are these videos a part of an effort to educate delegates at the Cities event?

No idea if that was the intention but the timing seems about right.

This is certainly from the people who are affected by the unilateral, highhanded, paternalistic neo-colonial bureaucrats who think they know more than the people/citizens of a foreign country do about making decisions about THEIR own resources.

Thanks for sharing Brickburn. I keep wondering how all these various nations of the world that don't have effective conservation programs get to have input on how countries that do have successful conservation programs (RSA, Namibia) should be managing their affairs.

Imagine the outcry if random countries got to tell the US how to manage their gun ownership laws! Same deal here, but ref. wildlife.

Thank you for sharing!

He protests at efforts in the European Union to ban hunting.

Hi, Brickburn,

Could you please let us know, which EU efforts to ban hunting are mentioned here?
To the best of my knowledge EU parliament has recently approved importation of African tropheys.
Also, national hunting federations of Eu member states are normally functioning? Is there anything else to know about?

Thanks!

Hi, Brickburn,

Could you please let us know, which EU efforts to ban hunting are mentioned here?
To the best of my knowledge EU parliament has recently approved importation of African tropheys.
Also, national hunting federations of Eu member states are normally functioning? Is there anything else to know about?

Thanks!

These may not be commentary on new motions, this may have been in response to the earlier attempts to ban trophies. As you can imagine the community based system is operating in the back country and arranging interviews, traveling and posting there may have been some delay.

The concept they are commenting on is much the same and still relevant.

Hope people that set policy will at least listen.

No doubt the timing is coinciding with the up coming cities meeting. Many countries from what I understand after speaking with Rosella from SSI yesterday are planning to tell our country to stay the hell out of managing their wildlife. Let's hope someone listens.

these countries need to tell dan ashe to pull his head out of the antis ass and take a deep breath and heed facts and not emotion.i hope when trump gets in he gets rid of that idiot.NOTE THE POSITIVE THINKING.

Let's pray it happens. Trump!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg