AH legend
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
united state- Co Nm Mt Wy Pa , canada ,mexico ,south africa- Northwest, Limpopo, freestste.Northern cape,East cape, namibia
I am not sure about how this dip and pack works.I am going to have animals taken shipped back to the states to have the work done here.Since it will be my sons and mine will not be able to have all them mount at once.What would need to be done to hides after the dip to save them for mounting.May take another year before I have them started.I have heard talk of them being tanned in africa also and wondering if that is the way to go.Sorry for all this question but alot of people know what there talking about on this site so I fgure why not ask.Thanks Billc

Hi Bill
I can remember on of my clients waited more than a year before he started mounting his trophies in the US also dip and pack, when they leave SA as dip and pack they will be completely dry and good to keep as long as you keep them in a safe , dry place out of the sun. You can always ask your taxidermist for the insecticide spray or powder you can put on the trophies regular. This way you can store them as long as you like. Or you can ask your taxidermist to store them.
Johan

Hi Bill,
Johan is correct. Once the taxidermy has treated your trophies and they arrive back home, you will be able to store them safely for a very long time. In your case , until you are ready to have them mounted.

Best Regards
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

I would consult your taxidermist, to see if you should have them tanned....most are going to say "no". Just dip and pack. Marius and Johan, gave you good advice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross