Summer Job In Africa

John Edwards

Reaction score
Dear All,

My name is John Edwards. I am a 22 year old senior in college at Ouachita Baptist University in Arkansas. I a posting on here today about a possible summer job to go anywhere and possibly assist guided safari hunts, internship, or any job really, as long as I can leave the states and go abroad. I have grown up my whole life with a passion for hunting, the outdoors, and the need for adventure. I have spent my last two summers guiding backpacking and white water rafting trips in Colorado at Noah's Ark White Water Rafting Co. and I'm in search of something new. I am an extremely hard worker and I love people. It might be a long shot, but I thought I'd post something on here hoping to hear back from someone. Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. You can can reach me via email at edw51849@obu.edu

Thanks,

John Edwards

Good luck! I hope somene can use you somewhere

I would personally contact some of the outfitters listed on this site and make your pitch that way. I think you will get more response than by just listing your email here. Good luck!

welcome to AH ,john .
hope you get a shot at working abroad.
l rekon ses ,is giving you , your best shot ,mate .
let us know how you go ........

Welcome to AH!

I wish you well on your search!

Welcome to AH John. I use to live in the Little Rock area some 12 years ago and know Arkadelphia very well. I think Dr Rex Horne is now president of the school you attend if not mistaken. I use to go to his church.
Your hope to work in Africa is a real long shot! Sorry but true! You see by our summer and your out of school it's the middle of winter in Africa and the hunting season is in full swing. So people needed for work have already been hired. The cost of Your room and food over there would be worth much more than the people over there are paid. The work being done in the hunting industry is skilled which you wouldn't qualify for. Sorry to be so blunt but that's the case. You would also need a work visa which would be very difficult to get.
Now I have a suggestion for you! Go North young man.......think Alaska. Think national parks in the lower forty eight states. Some of these places are remote and finding people to work is difficult at best. Getting work in Alaska might be the ticket to adventure and it's about as far out of Arkansas as you can get and still be in the USA. No passport required to go there! By the way do you have a valid passport? Got to have one of those before you could even apply for a work visa in Africa. Wait time right now to get a passport is about six to eight weeks if you need it.
Good luck seeking an adventure. Remember it never hurts to ask so keep trying!

Welcome to AH, I am +1 with CAustin on the AK adventure. Wish I would have done it as a young man, as it is I will be going up there for my first time in September. I would bet there is plenty of work up there, as there is any where for a man that isn't scared of it.
Good luck, adventure is everywhere, go find it!
Cody

Welcome to AH John. I use to live in the Little Rock area some 12 years ago and know Arkadelphia very well. I think Dr Rex Horne is now president of the school you attend if not mistaken. I use to go to his church.
Your hope to work in Africa is a real long shot! Sorry but true! You see by our summer and your out of school it's the middle of winter in Africa and the hunting season is in full swing. So people needed for work have already been hired. The cost of Your room and food over there would be worth much more than the people over there are paid. The work being done in the hunting industry is skilled which you wouldn't qualify for. Sorry to be so blunt but that's the case. You would also need a work visa which would be very difficult to get.
Now I have a suggestion for you! Go North young man.......think Alaska. Think national parks in the lower forty eight states. Some of these places are remote and finding people to work is difficult at best. Getting work in Alaska might be the ticket to adventure and it's about as far out of Arkansas as you can get and still be in the USA. No passport required to go there! By the way do you have a valid passport? Got to have one of those before you could even apply for a work visa in Africa. Wait time right now to get a passport is about six to eight weeks if you need it.
Good luck seeking an adventure. Remember it never hurts to ask so keep trying!
What kind of job in Alaska

Wait time right now to get a passport is about six to eight weeks if you need it.

Obviously it's a few months later, but mine only took 18 days this past summer, but they were telling me it would be a couple months. FWIW

Got my passport about a year ago and it took about a month.
A young man that works for me used to work summers in Alaska during his high school and college years driving jet boats and airboats doing glacier tours. He worked his butt off driving boats during the day and fixing/maintaining them at night, but it sure sounds like it was a great experience for him. You could look for something like that if Alaska is an option you are considering.
@John Edwards have you found any promising leads?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!