Summer Hunt

aargauer1

Reaction score
I will be traveling to Sasolburg, South Africa for work in the end of January-February time frame. I'm a avid hunter and would love to experience a hunt in Africa. I could free up 3 days for a hunt.
I know I'll be hunting in the summer, is this pure stupidity (weather / serpents / bush)? Any recommendation on outfitters in free state? I was hoping on a wildebeest and blesbock but am open to recommendations. This may be my only chance to hunt in Africa.

That may be a tough time to find a hunt. Most hunting is late summer/fall (US seasons) which is their winter and spring time. (Prime time is usually around July, August, September)

If it is your only chance to hunt south africa take the chance.You may only hunt a few hours in the morning and evening but thats better then nothing.Give pieter at paw print an email I bet he can help you out.
I dont think getting a blesbuck and wildbeast will be to hard in 3 days maybe even be able to take an impala to.

You should not have a problem hunting either of those species durring the summer. They inhabit mostly open terrain and unlike the Kudu dont seem to vanish into thin air in summer. Going to be hot,but the days are longer which gives you more real hunting time. Sure there is an Outfitter here that can help around the Freestate, if you dont come right drop me a PM and I will sort it out for you. Happy hunting.

Thanks for the input. I've contacted Pieter and will try to make this hunt happen.

Welcome to AH, and good luck with your hunt, aargauer 1 !

Welcome aargauer1,

If you are still looking at a place to hunt we are outside Kimberley its about 360 km from Sasolburg. Send me a private message and ill send you all details with a quote once i hear from you.

look around you will find something.

Good luck if you work it out with pieter you will have a fun hunt even in the heat of summer.

Welcome to AH.

I am in the same boat as you. I have never hunted southern Africa in Jan/Feb before but business takes me there this year at that time. Have a couple of hunts set up and have been assured we will be into game. It will be hot, the bush will be thick, it might rain, but there is also less hunting pressure on the animals. In the Free State things tend to be open.

It looks like you are already in contact with a couple of good guys. A couple more may contact you. Have a great hunt and enjoy your first time. Odds are there will be a second.:)

You'll do well with Pieter for sure.

And like Wheels said, you'll be back. :)

Thanks for the input. I've contacted Pieter and will try to make this hunt happen.

If you are mentioning Pieter from Paw Print Safaris you are spot on Sir.
Pieter is very central from all the areas around OR Tambo (JHB) and for a 2 or 3 day trip he is well recommended.(y)(y)(y)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ga179sale

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you