Storage for Weapons in Germany?

Bert the Turtle

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
My son and I will be headed back to Namibia this summer and plan to spend a week in Germany and Austria with my wife beforehand.

I am told that currently, I cannot leave my weapons with customs for the week I am there, but rather have to get my import permit (not a big deal, I've done that before) and bring them with me. I'm not sure what I'll have to do to cross into Austria, and I'd rather make it easy and store them.

Any ideas on what to do with them while I am there? I'll have plenty to carry without the rifle cases.

Here is the link to an article that should help you through this process: Importation or Transiting Procedures Through Countries with Weapons & Ammunition and look for the section called Germany Weapon / Ammunition Transiting Procedures.

Frankfurt airport has a luggage service for passengers in transit or just wanting to lighten up the load for some time. Contact them to make sure that they will take your weapons:

Terminal 1
B Concourse, Level 1 (Arrivals)
Open daily 24 hours
Phone: +49 (0) 69 - 690 70786
Between the B and C Concourses on Level 2 (Departures)
Open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Phone: +49 (0) 69 - 690 73277

Terminal 2
D Concourse, Level 2 (Arrivals)
Open daily from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Phone: +49 (0) 69 - 690 72860

For more information go to: https://www.frankfurt-airport.com/e...article/flights-and-more/luggage/storage.html

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. I used this service last year to store some bags and it was very convenient. I forgot all about them. I will see if they can hold firearms for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross