Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
B&C, DSC
Hunted
US, Mexico, S Africa, Namibia
Wanted to give a public thanks to Steve at Travel With Guns. So he books my flight to Namibia over 3 months ago, Midland-Dallas-Atlanta-JBurg. I get an automated call from American Airlines last night at 8:45pm telling me my midland to Dallas flight for 8am tomorrow morning had been canceled, and to call the automated number they gave me to reschedule. I try the number, the machine promptly tells me they are experiencing a high volume of calls and to try again later. By now I've got a rather helpless feeling coming over me, and the wheels start turning. Maybe 10 minutes later I get a phone call from Steve Turner, telling me I'm already booked and confirmed on the only flight available that won't totally screw up the rest of my schedule. He tells me to show up and get on the plane, done deal.

IMHO, this is but one valuable reason to enlist the services of Travel With Guns, or Kathi at Wild Travel. Steve saved the day for me.......Thank you Steve.

BTW, the people checking my rifle never asked about the ITN# (which I have), and I didn't offer. Bags and rifle were checked all the way through to J'burg

In this Dayana age of increasing horrid customer service, I thought a public attaboy was appropriate.

This is one reason that I decided to go with Lori at Travel Express rather than doing it by myself, and it sounds like your agents got you taken care of even if you did start to fret. I do know that if I got that kind of phone call my first call would be to my agent to see what is going on.

I myself have had my flight arrangements for 3 months also and one of my return connections have already been canceled and changed to a later time.

But then that is why we pay a small service charge to the travel agents, to take care of us and get rid of the head aches that may pop up.

Have a safe flight and a happy hunt.

Steve and his group are the best, they got my tickets for me and are now working on getting my ITN. They stay right on top of things.

Travel With Guns is my choice as well. Life has enough drama already...and his outfit avoids the drama. Easy folks to work with and even send polite reminders when I'm behind on my end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg