Sportmen for Trump

@Royal27

Ivory banned - not just tusks but any ivory, regardless of age. Have an ivory piano key you want fixed - forget it! Want an antique pistol ivory handle fixed - forget it! It's not just hunting. States and the Federals are systematically taking away rights and ownership. 100 years ago there wasn't registration or index numbers on the ivory. Too bad. You can't own it, you can't sell it, - next step they'll confiscate it.

No, we may not lose hunting the day Hillary would take office if elected. But your firearm ownership rights will be systematically reduced. Your ability to bring trophies back from other countries will be more difficult if not forfeit. Her friends in the liberal media will continue to manipulate the stories and even more so to strengthen their position and erode ours.

I think is is laughable and sad that our country is at the point that the best we have are Trump, Hillary, Sanders, Cruz, et al. I have only one choice but to vote for Trump and hope that his rhetoric is just that - to get elected and once in office he runs the country well.

John

@Royal27

Ivory banned - not just tusks but any ivory, regardless of age. Have an ivory piano key you want fixed - forget it! Want an antique pistol ivory handle fixed - forget it! It's not just hunting. States and the Federals are systematically taking away rights and ownership. 100 years ago there wasn't registration or index numbers on the ivory. Too bad. You can't own it, you can't sell it, - next step they'll confiscate it.

No, we may not lose hunting the day Hillary would take office if elected. But your firearm ownership rights will be systematically reduced. Your ability to bring trophies back from other countries will be more difficult if not forfeit. Her friends in the liberal media will continue to manipulate the stories and even more so to strengthen their position and erode ours.

I think is is laughable and sad that our country is at the point that the best we have are Trump, Hillary, Sanders, Cruz, et al. I have only one choice but to vote for Trump and hope that his rhetoric is just that - to get elected and once in office he runs the country well.

John

considering the choices ill vote for trump with a smile on my face.

Given the chose between Clinton and Trump.... It's a no brainer for me Trump. She may not be able to ban hunting but she has pledged to implement "gun Control". Trump two son's hunt and in his office on the tv show the apprentice there was a mounted zebra. In addition he strongly supports gun rights. Less of two evils yes, but he has my support.

Given the chose between Clinton and Trump.... It's a no brainer for me Trump. She may not be able to ban hunting but she has pledged to implement "gun Control". Trump two son's hunt and in his office on the tv show the apprentice there was a mounted zebra. In addition he strongly supports gun rights. Less of two evils yes, but he has my support.

tell it like it is.

I won't vote for Trump with a smile on my face. I vote by mail and when I fill it out at my kitchen table, it will be marked for Trump, but I think I'm going to want to take a shower afterwards.

That said if I marked it for Hillary, instead of turning right and going upstairs to the shower, I'd turn right and head out to the pool. I'd find my bucket of chlorine hockey pucks and just sit there sucking on it praying that it would cleanse me of the filth running through my body.

I don't care for Mr. Trump's bluster, but I'm hoping it's just that, bluster and not the true substance of the man. I know the true substance of Hillary and I won't vote for that.

I wont need to worry about jumping into a pool filled with chlorine, there is just no way that I could vote for that female dog, even thinking about it leaves a taste in my mouth that I just cant get out.

Trump on the other hand, I just can't figure him out but I believe that he would be the better one for what I believe in.

The odd ball this election is going to be the third party candidate, and it looks like there just may be one. But the problem is that they just draw votes away from the main parties candidate and unless they have overwhelmingly support they never do win.

This coming November is going to be a very sad month here in the US.

@Royal27

John

No argument with the above. Like i said earlier im much more aligned with Robert than not. My pushback has been the position that if anyone other than Trump is elected that we can say "goodbye to hunting. " Not just Hillary or a liberal, anyone. Note that the second quote is from early March well before it was obvious that Trump would be the Republican candidate.

Code4, you see what is happening in the hunting industry and it is not getting better.
If trump does not get in say GOOD BY TO HUNTING.......

The bottom line..... If Trump does not get in say good bye to hunting....

I do not agree with the above specific statements. Please don't anyone twist that into believing that I don't think we have issues as both a country and an international community. We do. I simply do not think that we are at a point where if one man isn't elected in one country that we will say "goodbye to hunting." Will things change from the way they were now, or last year? Of course they will. They always do! Call me naive, but I just don't believe hunting is going away anytime in the foreseeable future.

Out of curiosity, is there a country anywhere in the world that has a true and total ban on hunting today? I can't think of any? Costa Rica?

Oh, and let's not forget that not all of the news out there isn't negative.
  1. Zambia starting cat hunting again
  2. Namibia banning bans (although I argue with this one a bit due to night hunting bans)
  3. Recent EU support for trophy hunting
  4. Proposed downgrading of several CITES animals
  5. Continued support of hunting by organizations such as IUCN at a time when it is not politically expedient to do so

Last edited by a moderator:
Just remember that Heller was 5 to 4 for. If Obama or Hillary appoints that would now be a 5-4 against. Its possible that two more Court appointments are available that's 7-2, that might take 50+ years to undo. Something to tell your Republican friends who want to sit this one out.

One main reason I will vote for Trump, is to keep a Liberal from being appointed to the Supreme court.

In our current Political landscape, a SCOTUS controlled by lefties, would spell the doom of many things we hold dear.

Unfortunately reliable jurists are not always confirmed to the court, regardless who appoints them, witness the turncoat Justice Roberts. What a fink he turned out to be. However we have to go with whats likely, and its likely that Trump would appoint a more sensible person than Hideous Hillary, but only likely. I am an ABC voter. Anyone But Clinton!

Wheels I am with you! Either of the Trumps over Ashe!

Roosevelt did not have any attributes of empathy that I could uncover. He used tremendous bravado at all times it benefited him. (ironic with the "speak softly" quote) He murdered a lot of people to his political ends, particularly to create the antagonism that led to the Spanish war when he was undersecretary of the navy. He had no relationship with his daughter and would leave her for years. As a character reference, Frederick Courteney Selous would have nothing to do with him and declined more than a few minute meeting with the man because on topics of Africa Roosevelt was all cattle and no hat. Roosevelt had no empathy for animals and would kill them slowly and ineffectively without care. Roosevelt would not follow up on animals injured with much effort at times. Surprise, a Winchester 1895 in .405W doesn't kill every animal shot poorly instantly. Roosevelt didn't build lasting relationships that we would describe as friendships. Roosevelt changed parties and radically shifted his policies in order to seek election when his previous principles and party would carry him no further. All evidence not of your typical politician's narcissism but rather it points to a much darker diagnosis.

His daughter Alice, vividly described this personality type when she said of her father, “He wants to be the bride at every wedding, the corpse at every funeral, and the baby at every christening.”

Make no mistake about it, he was an effective leader. He was a hero of conservation. One of my children happens to be named after him for his deeds to conservation. Nonetheless, the more I study him as a person the more troubled I am by the evidence of what he was outside of being an advocate for hunters.

Bringing this back to the topic at hand, I do hope that Trump follows through on his promises and is a "functional" president in general and for conservation specifically. However, if he is a sociopath he may utilize tyranny and oppression to carry out his whims. We have an ever increasing power concentration in the POTUS as evidenced by GHWB and BHO fiats. Someone with no moral compass clinically speaking (and not just partisan hyperbole) could really sink us. Hope and pray is all we can do at present.

If you look at TR's policies both domestic and foreign he was far less hawkish, aggressive, "sociopathic", ar-mongering etc... than many US presidents after him. With the Spanish-American War he was pushing for war with Spain especially after the sinking of the Maine, now in hindsight there is some doubt as to whether it was actually a mine that sank the Maine and not an accidental internal explosion, but the question is was that information available at the time to them? Secondly it is understandable why the US would want Spain out of Cuba since as an emerging world power- the US viewed Cuba and other parts of the Caribbean and America's as its sphere of influence (Monroe doctrine). All major powers have spheres of influence in which they do not want other powers to interfere in...

Trump in some ways represents the frustration that Americans are feeling with the "establishment". A lot of his criticism is legitimate but the problem is he isn't really coming up with any clear cut solutions and he is being rather flip-floppy on a number of issues. For example take his call to ban all Muslims from entering the US. Now ignoring the fact whether you agree with this or not, how would he realistically go about implementing this policy? He probably said it more for its shock value rather than seriously contemplating implementing such a ban...

I think it is becoming clear that Trump will be the R nominee and we better get over it and get behind him as there is really no other alternative. I also think that despite a lot of polls, Trump has at least a 50-50 shot at beating Hideous Hillary. A lot of the Never Trump folks need to get their heads out of certain very dark areas and get on board or we face a continuation of the last 8 years for possibly another 8, as I believe that just like Obama, despite a poor showing his first term, he got re elected and so will Hideous Hillary.
I agree with you Sir!

Guys, this is just one of those can't wins / won't persuades we've got here. It appears almost everyone responding is going to vote for Trump. Can't that be enough? Even though the majority are going to plug their nose and do it, it appears that we need to be overjoyed and spectacularly appreciative of this noble fellow instead of just having the Trumpletons be happy. He gets my vote, not my loyalty.

As an aside: I think so much of conservatism my firstborn is named after our 40th president so I'm not your garden variety RINO either. Nonetheless , as a conservative I find it fascinating how skewed reality has become.

All this Clinton bashing is by the empirical data, out of place. Bill Clinton for all his social misbehavior and schemes and deals was on a policy level the most conservative/republican acting president we've had in the last four. Certainly a friend to the tax code. The economy was doing pretty well (even if we discount the computer revolution). The deficit was certainly in better shape. The welfare reform was positive. Even if you say all of that was due to outside pressures upon him, he still gets the medal for the least damaging president as of recently.

If you were to draw a line on a spectrum of conservatism Clinton's policies were on the average to the right of McCain, to the right of Romney, to the right of Paul Ryan, to the right of Bob Dole, to the right of Bush 43, and roughly tied with the conservatism of Bush 41. Therefore, I object to the doom and gloom talk that if I don't vote for another shill pseudo false conservative the world will come to an end as we know it. Did Bush 41 appoint a liberal to the SCOTUS? Yes. Did Bush 43 appoint a moderate? Yes. So electing republicans isn't a guarantee for the bench to be conservative either.

The republican neocon east coast liberal types (and McCain as their surrogate) get backed, funded and supported by the same globalists that supported Bill and now support Hillary. Many of the big corporations were funding both equally so as to not appear to have a favorite. Nothing about the last 20+ years of politics has been conservative and Trump does not appear to be a unique fiscal, military, or moral differentiator than the dozen men that have tried to get the job before him.

In conclusion: I believe that since 1988 we've elected opportunistic, non-conservative politicians. Four years into Bush 43 we still had a gun ban. We had Gale Norton at Interior and numerous infringements on import. Obama appears to be equally lousy at protecting conservation issues. What's the difference? They want power and control and they will log-roll on core issues to maintain the majority influence they need to get things done for their cronies. There is no evidence that any party or nominee is more or less likely to send sportsman down the river via leftist policies towards conservation.

Agree with most of that. We don't really know how Trump will approach the guns and hunting issues, though considering that his sons are big advocates, I doubt he will end up being anti gun or anti hunting. However when we look at HH, she has been quite forthcoming with her views and they are decidedly anti gun! Anybody that thinks gun owners and hunters will have an easy time with her in the WH is delusional. It will be a constant battle to keep her at bay. We cannot afford 8 years of HH, period! As far as Slick Willie goes, HA! What a joke! Do you really believe he would have turned the corner if he had had a liberal congress the whole ride? He would have gone left of Lenin in a New York minute! Don't kid yourself. I will give him this much. He was the consummate politician and knew how to play the game, and in the end he was not the worst president we ever had. I would take him back over the current occupant in a heartbeat, but that ain't saying much. Bill C is a sick puppy but HH is insane! NO THANKS!

I'll be honest, I have not a big Trump fan. I really liked (and still do like) Sen. Cruz. But if the choice is between Trump and a 3rd term of Obama in the form of Corrupt Hillary Clinton then there really isn't a choice. I'd love for Trump to come out with more specifics on actual policies, I was impressed with his foreign policy speech. While we might not know where Trump stands on every issue it is clear where Hillary stands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg