Sparks Big Game Hounds - Interested in a well bred hound pup or Jack Russell?

Roy Sparks

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
NAPHA, SCI, South African Hunters and Game Conservation Association
Our Hounds are purpose bred trail hounds that are user friendly,they make wonderfull companions and can double as an invaluable hunting buddy that can recover wounded game saving time and money.

While our hounds start the hunt and bring their quarry to bay it is inevitably the Jack Russells that are at the front of the scrap even with our leopard hunts they are integral to the team.They make wonderfull companions and are also good at recovering wounded game.

For export to USA no quarantine is necessary, you can have your pup within 48 hours. View my pictures in the galleries.Will add more of the hounds and terriers.

References available.

Quality, Performance, Results.

Roy Sparks Sparks - Sparks Hounds.

Roy ,

How much are you asking for a lil Jack Russel pup ??? I reside in India , can he be sent here? Never had a Jack Russel ever, always wished to have one .
My PH in Tanzania had 2 , very cutie hardcore dogs, would he be compatible with my Great Danes and the Rottweilers.

Please get back to me by email d.monish@yahoo.co.in.

Monish

Hi Tom,

To the USA a pup will cost US$ 1000.00 excluding shipment and crate.I have sent a few more pictures to the galleries,I'll search the archives here at home for more.I'm waiting for my hunting buddy to send me some action pictures of my dogs that he has on his computer and will add those as well.

Thank you for your mail and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards - Roy Sparks.

watermark.php

Two male Big Game Hounds pictured with Moshile , Simon and Sidwell.

watermark.php

Sparks Big Game Hound - Male - Prince.

watermark.php

Example of the type of Big Game Hound bitch that is first field tested before being bred to.Rosa passed the test and we'll be happy to announce the arrival of her pups.

These are hounds with great temperiment,learn fast and have proved themselves to handle, Jaguar, Mtn Lion,Bobcat, African Lion, Leopard and smaller African Cats.

watermark.php

Another fine bitch Shelly that will be bred to.

watermark.php

My son simon pictured with a typical Sparks Big Game hound pup of 4 months old.

Our hounds are user friendly, make wonderful companions, they are excellent with kids. Over 40 years of selective breeding ensures we live up to our motto.

" Quality, Performance, Results "

watermark.php

Oscar at work trying to rout a leopard out of the cliffs - Khomas Hochland - Namibia

watermark.php

partner Jan Westdyk pictured with Foxy an English Fox Terrier bitch pictured with John Odusch holding Oscar with John's superb Namibian Leopard which holed up in a cave. The terriers routed him out for John to get a clear shot.

watermark.php

Oscar pictured with myself ,Brad Smith and Brads monster leopard.Oscar was first to transverse the steep cliffs where this great monarch sought refuge after a dramatic chase in the Khomas Hochland - Namibia.His relentless worrying of this giant cat grew to much forcing it to shift position offering Brad his chance for a shot.

Oscar has been at the forefront of many such battles.He is a truelly remarkable Jack Russell.

watermark.php

Porcupines often occupy holes or caves where predators seek refuge when pursued by hounds.They have to learn along the way how to avoid these underground obstacles when routing their quarry.Here one of Oscars sons JR has learnt the hard way.We pulled the quills with a leatherman and he immediately dissapeared underground to do battle again.

Oscars pups have all turned into formidable terriers.

watermark.php

My son Simon and Oscar pictured after a jackal hunt.Both have attitude but Oscar has the experience !!

watermark.php

" Fine General when the battle's all over !! "

Hardly - Oscar a legendary Jack Russell inspecting David Britt's leopard trophy.

We have bred to Oscar and tested his pup's on leopard the whole of last season.

" Like farther like son - they are dynamite !! "

watermark.php

Oscar and daughter Gypsy waiting for instructions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Roy,

Great Dogs , how much would a hound cost me in India ?Thanks for the mail about Jack Russels .

Monish

Beautiful dogs. I am currently 'dog sitting' a two year old Jack Russel. Great little dog!!

Thank's Kiwi , we have 3 Oscar puppies at the moment if you know of anyone interested. Take care - Roy.

I have a Jack Russel myself. The only thing I cant figure out is how they fit such a big heart into such a small body?

Thanks for the post, Roy

And such strong legs, boy, can it jump!!

Yes Marius you're right about that, they have a lot of courage especially those bred for their original purpose. A lot of pansies have evolved through the show ring though some of the breeders deffinately still maintain a lot of grit in their dogs. You must be careful before purchasing.I recently saw a picture of a Jack Russell on another hunting site and it looked like a Maltese poodle cross and was probably something like that. No offense intended but some buyers are none the wiser and likewise some breeders as well. Often it boils down to shear ignorance from both sides. However at the end of it if the dog makes them happy and the dog is looked after and is itself happy theres no harm really done.

Some of my best hunting dogs are x bred dogs. I have that litter of a combination of Irish Terrier, Pitbul , Bull Terrier , Fox Terrier and Jack Russell and I think they will be demons. A good back choice for a PH doing lots of plainsgame hunts.

Will be at Westbourne Oval this Saturday watching my son competing for provincial colours on the track. If you want to talk dogs come by if you're in the city. My mobile is 083 419 3157.

Take care - Roy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg