SOUTH AFRICA: Unnerving Situation With Rhinocon Anton Bakker

What's the FB link to this guy?
I'd like to ask him a few questions on the AH member behalf. Perhaps a few more people can ask some questions and let him know he is not anonymous!!!!!

Thanks Brickburn, I'd appreciate that. At the point where it sure isn't looking good, so any help appreciated.

Mr. Bakker, listed as CEO and he's the fellow that is supposed to do the communication,

https://www.facebook.com/anton.bakker1?fref=ts

Mr. Wyk, listed as Director and PH,

https://www.facebook.com/coenraad123

I do hope the lawyers can help you in this matter!

Won't be fun, but I'm not going to roll over and take it.

As a side note, Happy New Year guys.

I do not know that man but it appears he feels about the same about these crooks as I do. (note quote)
Oh, and he's a hunter. I assume not related to the above named.
Robert Van Wyk
Loubser van der Walt Inc.
robert@louwalt.co.za

A translated quote of his from FB:

"This shit to stop, why was it so easy for all the crooks in the game industry to get away with what they done. Email me at robert@louwalt.co.za I will trace him or try to our system at the firm."

1898037_594503553973113_2070181134_n.jpg

rhinocon truck.jpg

In case the SAPS needs to find his baakie!!!

The hide out.
anton tersia bakker.jpg

rhinocon FB summary.jpg

Long FB Description
rhinocon FB.jpg

Get on them Brickburn.

This just makes certain that the FB pages don't disappear.

Ardent if you need, you might want to copy all the groups everyone belongs to and all his her their friends and you can let them all know exactly what you are encountering in dealing with these men and their "business".
Someone may have already done that. ;)

Sounds very good thanks Brickburn

Thanks a bunch there, I actually believe he started off well intentioned and unfortunately got in over his head and is taking a bunch of people's money in the process. I believe it is being justified as not their fault in their minds, fact remains that if what it looks like was going on, trying to book hunts for Rhino before being an outfitter, it was and is illegal as well. Coenraad may be a bit in the dark what is going on, but it should be clear to him by now. I just hope to see my funds again, and not end with a huge sour taste on what was going to be my last trip for a long time.

If you happen to have the microchip number from the Rhino you are supposed to be hunting it might help others determine if it is being sold multiple times.

rhinocon.jpg

Thanks guys, unfortunately no chip number, I do however have the original spec sheet and a photo. I do believe he got into this well intentioned and thought he could do it, however they made a royal cluster of it, it appears, and never got the permits or became outfitters. It's sad for all involved I just do not want to be left holding the bag.

Thanks guys, unfortunately no chip number, I do however have the original spec sheet and a photo. I do believe he got into this well intentioned and thought he could do it, however they made a royal cluster of it, it appears, and never got the permits or became outfitters. It's sad for all involved I just do not want to be left holding the bag.
This is truly scary to hear about and I am glad that you did not lose everything on this scam. With that said, any loss is unacceptable. You may think that they are well intentioned and got overwhelmed, but what they did is illegal. There is no room in the hunting world for these sorts of illegal practices going on. If I was you, I would be looking into every legal avenue for prosecuting these two and fire your agent immediately. I am sorry if I am overreacting about the whole situation (and you seem pretty mellow about the whole thing) but I have absolutely zero patience for anyone who tries to screw me over. They are setting a poor image for the hunting industry as well.

This is truly scary to hear about and I am glad that you did not lose everything on this scam. With that said, any loss is unacceptable. You may think that they are well intentioned and got overwhelmed, but what they did is illegal. There is no room in the hunting world for these sorts of illegal practices going on. If I was you, I would be looking into every legal avenue for prosecuting these two and fire your agent immediately. I am sorry if I am overreacting about the whole situation (and you seem pretty mellow about the whole thing) but I have absolutely zero patience for anyone who tries to screw me over. They are setting a poor image for the hunting industry as well.

My thoughts exactly, I would be looking towards your booking agent to recover part or all of your losses.

"Oops" does not quite cut it from the Agent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeithustKew

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg