AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
OFAH
Hunted
Canada
The date is June 22nd. Pops @Pheroze and I had to make run out to bass pro for a more airline suitable bow case that didn't compress on my bow. After that, we had to drop the pets off at various places and pack the car. My dad being the organized person he is was a little stressed about the whole process. We packed the car and hit the road. About 2km from home My sister and I realized that I had forgotten the Battery for one of the cameras:mad::A Bonk: and the entire camera bag with my moms little camera, she is livid. We got to Toronto Pearson international airport at noon and headed to our baggage drop only to discover that the attendants wouldn't arrive until 2 at the earliest. After some confusion, my Dad had to take his gun out and prove that it was not loaded, this was the most nerve wracking thing i have ever been apart of, right in the middle of the airport. :confused::cautious:. We made our way through the airport and or now sitting in a lounge sipping drinks, well everyone except for me :(:LOL::A Play Ball:. Our plane leaves at 5:30pm and will land at about 3am our time :E Eek:. My grandparents are also accompanying us on this trip but they got a jump start on the journey. This weekend we had a little set back when pops found out that no sharp objects (i.e. broad heads) are ALLOWED IN AMSTERDAM :A Blowup:. Due to this news, I was left with no choice but to give my 80 y/o grandparents six razor sharp broad heads because they can bring them through Germany. I pictured in my mind a couple of old folks walking through security with six broad heads hidden within the luggage, just picture the guards face :ROFLMAO::A Haha:. My dad was playing around with the Global Rescue app while sitting in the lounge and the picture below has proof that it thinks I standing in the parking lot of the airport.

I hope you all enjoy this thread, on my fathers and my behalf i would like to thank you for all of your help in tips and tricks to make the best of this hunt. I will try my best to keep you guys updated but there may not be any signal from the lodge. You will hear from me as soon as I have connection.

mms_img-86628436.jpg
mms_img1690513378.jpg
mms_img-1231071480.jpg
mms_img-457726828.jpg
mms_img-2072178552.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this proves to be the worst thing that happens. Good Luck.

Have a great time and best of luck on the hunt!

Good luck and keep up as you can. We want to "come along" with you on your adventure. Bruce

Have a great trip! You may have some trouble finding a Jays game over there though!

enjoy the time over there. Looking forward to reading all about this great trip your on.

Looking forward to hearing more as it goes on.
Maybe I missed another thread but you are bow hunting and your dad is hunting with a rifle?
What caliber is his rifle. I don't do face book!!!!
This kind of thread is what I love to keep up with.
Enjoy every minute.

Hunt hard, shoot straight, and above all, enjoy Africa with three generations of family. None of you will ever forget it. Priceless...

PS - don't forget to stand up straight and keep your feet squared when on the sticks. That goes for everyone! :)

Right now your flight took off 3 minutes early and headed north and it looks like you are scheduled to get in a little early.
Look out the window and you can see some incredible countryside. (Labrador)

klm flight.jpg

Enjoy your trip and your hunt.

Have a great trip!

Have a blast.

Looking forward to your report.

This looks like it's going to be fun(y)(y)(y)

Hope you all have a great trip and hunt, looking forward to hearing all about!

Have a fantastic experience.

Looking forward to hearing more as it goes on.
Maybe I missed another thread but you are bow hunting and your dad is hunting with a rifle?
What caliber is his rifle. I don't do face book!!!!
This kind of thread is what I love to keep up with.
Enjoy every minute.

I am bow hunting a couple of days then a suppressed .308 and my dad is using a .375 caliber

Thank you all for the overdoses of luck. Will try my best to have some success photos (y)

Hunt hard, shoot straight, and above all, enjoy Africa with three generations of family. None of you will ever forget it. Priceless...

PS - don't forget to stand up straight and keep your feet squared when on the sticks. That goes for everyone! :)

I will try

Right now your flight took off 3 minutes early and headed north and it looks like you are scheduled to get in a little early.
Look out the window and you can see some incredible countryside. (Labrador)

View attachment 154218

Enjoy your trip and your hunt.
I'm sure you know but we have landed in Amsterdam and there is tons of rain. The clouds over the east were very thick. This is my first flight out of North America and it was weird flying through the night and not seeing the sun go down.

I hope you a wonderful trip!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,