Member of
SCI, Pope & Young
Ridiculous lack of game
Shot the only impala we saw
Saw only one male kudu - immature
Saw only one waterbuck male
> poor trophy handling capes were ruined
PHs would not get out of bed early
I would not go back there even if the hunt was free.

Gobble50,
I'm really sorry to hear about your bad experience. Since this is your first post, I am glad that you have taken the time warn others about these guys. Its guys like these that make the honest guys' lives so much more difficult....

Gobble50,
Sounds like bad news. How did you come to book with this group? Did you hunt more than one property? When were you there? How many were there in your group? What was the names of your PH's? Were you rifle or bow hunting? A few more details might help some of the rest of us avoid trouble in the future.
Thanks Bruce

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Shingani Safaris. This is the link to their website for all who want their information. Shingani Safaris

:welcome::feedback:

The website looks good . Were the daily tariff high ? Maybe they make the money on the daily rates ?

Gobble50

I need a reference for my farm and sounds like you tell it as you see it?
Your are invited to my farm to come sleep for 2 days and shoot a warthog and impala for free. We can also do some fishing . Everything included . Let me know .

Gobble 50, Sorry to hear about your hunt, that really sucks. Thanks for the information, they just e-mailed me their brochure last week. Guess I can scratch them off the list.

We need to be careful when reading posts like this. Although it may be true what Gobble wrote, he has not responded to any questions and this is his only post. No offence to Gobble be he should be willing to give better details. We have had people do this before that were frankly full of sh!t (not saying that Gobble is).

We need to be careful when reading posts like this. Although it may be true what Gobble wrote, he has not responded to any questions and this is his only post. No offence to Gobble be he should be willing to give better details. We have had people do this before that were frankly full of sh!t (not saying that Gobble is).

Thank you for responding to this. I have pointed out the dangers of simply accepting the accuracy of a post such as this in the past. It is his very first post and it is to complain about an operator. There are always two sides to these things and I do not know why everyone always jumps on the bandwagon right away and assumes the operator is at fault. It may turn out that it is in fact a legitimate complaint, but all too often they are not legitimate and it has turned out that the hunter was a pussy or one of those individuals who you just can't make happy.

Personally I think that if you are going to go on a forum such as this and attack an operator.......then you should be prepared to state your name and who you are, then lay out the facts in black and white. No hiding behind the computer monitor. The operator is being assassinated and his identity is not in question. It is far too easy to attack people and companies on the internet. I refuse to get involved with internet lynchings and believe that people should take reports like these with a grain of salt unless they put a lot more effort into substantiating the allegations they are making.

Jaustin and Skyline are absolutely correct. I certainly don't know whether the claim is true or not at this point. I only know a few answers are in order to establish the credibility of the poster and his claim against the outfitter.

It's always amazing to me to see how many site members will so eagerly swallow the 'hook, line and sinker' about anything said by persons unkown.

Big 5,

Agree with you , Skyline & Jaustin, accusing an outfitter aint a remarkable thing to do, need some viable justifications...

Monish

Good observation and Point taken,guys ! If it is a false accusation, what do you think the motives are? It would be good to get some feedback from Gobble50.Surely he must have an email linking to his account. Maybe the guys from AH could see if they could get a hold of him and explain these very serious accusations and post their findings here. Would hate an honest and well run outfit take this sort of flack. Whether the accusations are true or not, there will always a ripple effect causing some damage. Is there no way that the (bad) hunting report section can be managed in a different way to avoid a free-for-all food fight and avoid the inevitable?
Looking forward seeing the result of an investigation into this sort of thing, and will keep an eye on this post.

Kind Regards
Marius Goosen

I can not imagine that the OP had any reason for posting other than to give their honest opinion and observations. He is well justified for not giving out his name, rank, and serial number on the internet. He has no obligation to give personal details.
Do not be too quick to cast aspersions in either direction unless you have some personal knowledge of the situation that caused the OP to share with us.

It may not be a false accusation, it may be completly true, but it is kind of strange that Gobble makes one post and disapears. We had a similar post from a fellow last year about this time trashing Fulton Safaris. A lot of folks were quick to condemn Vaughan and his outfit. It turned out to be not true or greatly exagerated. One of his biggest complaints was lack of buffalo. Turns out this is a tough area to hunt and this hunter was unwilling to put in the effort and in fact did not even hunt on some days. Incidentally, two AfricaHunting members hunted there shortly after this fellow and loved it. Infact I saw 75 buffalo the first morning of the hunt, but it wasn't easy to get to where they were.

If what Gobble said is true I would help him spread the word. But in the end he has not given enough information to make an informed decision. As for reasons for posting false accusations, who knows. Maybe it was his first trip and he expected game to flow by like something on a nature show. Maybe he was bowhunting water holes during rain. Or maybe everything he said is true.

Just to let you all know, I have emailed gobble50 to make him aware of the discussion that's taking place on this thread to give him the opportunity to comment further and answer questions that have been raised.

I have also emailed Shingani Safaris to inform them of this negative hunt report to give them the opportunity to comment or respond.

We must all remember that there are always two sides to every story. Just as there are good and bad hunting outfitters, there are good and bad hunts and good and bad clients as well. In my experience, the good outfitters, hunts and clients far out number the bad!

Jerome,

Nice decision for the forum podium , every one has the right to express one's authentic voice.

Monish

. . . I have emailed gobble50 to make him aware of the discussion that's taking place on this thread to give him the opportunity to comment further and answer questions that have been raised. . . I have also emailed Shingani Safaris to inform them of this negative hunt report to give them the opportunity to comment or respond

Thanks, Jerome. In my humble opinion that is the only fair way to handle an otherwise unsupported forum accusation such as this.

I would like to hear the specifics of the complaint. I know people here locally who have hunted with Shingani and have give them high marks for hunting and safari experience.

Jim

I can certainly understand why the OP does not feel the need to elaborate or continue a discussion, but it is odd that the outfitter chose not to respond.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg