SOUTH AFRICA: Running review of Limpopo Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by Reaper, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Reaper

Reaper New Member

oryx

Attached Files:

2. Reaper

Reaper New Member

Day 3:

Came up empty handed after chasing Zebra which was the only animal left on the list (besides impala, which I decided I would not dedicate too much time to, but take one if stumbled upon).
    We climbed a rocky hill and were able to spot a herd of half a dozen or so about a mile away. After a long stalk was able to get to within 100 yards. After wasting some time looking over the herd for the nicest one, I was lining up on one of the zebras when the winded or seen us and bolted, never to be seen again. I took a break from hunting in the afternoon and relaxed around camp, had a swim in the pool, layed out on the lounge chairs and did some fishing. Caught a couple nice catfish that the camp chef turned into a delicious appetizer.

Attached Files:

3. Reaper

Reaper New Member

Day 4:
    We started out again climbing yet another rocky ridge to get a good viewpoint for glassing, trying to locate more zebra.
    We came up empty on the zebra. But I spotted a small group of Impala wandering towards us. The group looked like it had a really nice ram in it. The PH was glassing the other side of the ridge and I pointed them out to him. He confirmed that one of them was in fact really nice. I told him that I wanted to take him. I set up on some rocks for the almost 200 yard downhill shot. As I was taking up the slack in the trigger, the PH whispered "WAIT!!". It seems that just out of my field of view an even nicer ram had come out of the bush. I lined up on this second ram, who was broadside and touched off a round.
    The 180gr Power point caught him low in shoulder. Pulverizing both shoulders and shredding the heart to pieces. The ram was DRT and never moved an inch.

Attached Files:

4. Reaper

Reaper New Member

here's the ram

Attached Files:

5. bluey

bluey GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    ssaa, aba ,bairnsdale field archers
    Hunted:
    australia south africa (limpopo, north west,eastcape) canada (b.c)
    nice impala , reaper.
    congratulations