SOUTH AFRICA: richard holmes safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by idahohunter, Aug 12, 2012.

1. idahohunter

idahohunter New Member

hello folks, im new to this site so please forgive me is this question has been asked before. I am interested in any information on Richard Holmes Safaris in the eastern cape of africa. I have contacted nearly every reference that is listed on his web site and every person has had a absolute great time and experience. i am interested in anyone elses experience or opinions about this safari company, particulary anyone that may not be on his reference list for what ever reason. He offers some really affordable hunts listed under his "hunt package" that no other safari company seems to even come close to. Like i mentioned all his references seem to check out, just seeing what you folks think. thank you.

2. KMG Hunting Safaris

KMG Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA ; SCI ; DSC ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
    Hi Idahohunter,
    Welcome to the forum! You have come to the right place to obtain your information regarding a trip. I see he's from my area, but i have never heard of him.
    Hope that some of the members here might be able to help you.

Take Care,

Best Regards.
    Marius Goosen

3. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    Welcome to the forum, Idahohunter !

4. Rohan

Rohan

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    South Africa (Limpopo, Free-State, North West, Northern Cape) and Botswana (Tuli Area; Selebi-Pikwe, and Tsabong regions)
    Welcme Idahohunter,

I have spoken to Richard in this year. One of their concessions is owned by Peter Flack, renowned businessman , conservationist, and hunter... He(Richard) seemed pretty starightforward and forthcoming about everything we spoke about.

There is information/threads about 'richardholmes safaris' on this forum.

Enjoy your hunts.

5. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Well, I know a number of people from my home state that have hunted with him. He usually donates plenty of hunts to many hunter conservation groups in the area. I have never heard anything bad.

6. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Idahohunter Welcome to AH hope you have a great hunt and come here to tell us about it.

7. Oso Polar

Oso Polar New Member

Dear Idaho Hunter,
    I have a Safari booked for February of 2014 with Richard Holmes Safaris.
    This outfitter was recommended to me by the owner of the gun club where I shoot. He is a former member of the Special Operations Command (SOCOM) unit with which I now work, so I take his recommendations quite seriously, and have booked accordingly.
    I would be happy to provide my feedback to you after my return but, in the mean time, I will quote him - "if your wife goes along and wants fine bone china and 5,000 count linens, then this isn't your safari, but if you want a pleasurable experience, hunting with a straight-up outfitter, and a great PH, then this is your guy. I warn you that his wife's cooking will put a few pounds on you."
    I hope this helps,
    Oso Polar