SOUTH AFRICA: Did Someone Go Hunting With Rance Game Farms In Eastern Cape?

what an awesome back skin on your kudu, woodsie,

Hi, this a kudu hunted by my brother on johns farm in june 2013 measured in at 56 inch, cheers Graeme

102_1085.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful Kudu! I especially like the foot pedestal for the rear hoof.

Thanks 85Tecate and bluey. I usually just get European's done. But I requested a tanned flat skin of this guy. I don't have a Zebra, so I figured this will do for now. :). Kevin

Bob, I found a pic that showed a bit of the side of his face. Thanks Kevin
IMG_20150411_072654947_HDR.jpg

That's a beautiful old Kudu, yours appears to have the 3 spots on his face like my wife's where mine only had 2 I guess they're like finger prints no two are alike.

Thanks Bob, I would have never noticed the spots before you mentioned it. The PH did say he thought he would be 9 or 10 years old, I have no idea how they determine age, but he did mention his horns turning out on top as an indicator. Thanks again. Kevin

VERY NICE KUDU WOODS 1126 I'll be there at Manakaza in less than 45 days
Hope to find the bigger one that you saw after you took this beast...
!!!!!!

Thanks Artistry. I received a hunt report from Frans this morning. Both of his present hunters have killed their Kudu. The giant still remains, although both were in the high 40's. He reported his one hunter looked over 6 bulls one frosty morning, before pulling the trigger, on day 3!! Incredible rut activity still going on. Thanks again, Kevin

Thanks Artistry. I received a hunt report from Frans this morning. Both of his present hunters have killed their Kudu. The giant still remains, although both were in the high 40's. He reported his one hunter looked over 6 bulls one frosty morning, before pulling the trigger, on day 3!! Incredible rut activity still going on. Thanks again, Kevin

Kevin,
It depends on what area you will be hunting, regarding the rut. The rut in the province, does not occur at the same time. For example, one of our concessions, we have taken two bulls in the past two weeks that have already rounded up their cows. The bulls in our own area, have not really started showing much interest in the cows yet. Now, keep in mind that we are only 50 miles apart.
I guess this is advantageous to us, as it extends our ability to target animals in the rut for a much longer period. If all of the animals rutted during the same time, it would come and go in no time, but with different areas having different times, it all depends how you use it.
On the other hand, our Warthogs are just about starting to show interest in the sows, yet the first spot where the Kudu are starting to rut, no activity yet.

Thanks for the info, KMG. Everything you said makes perfect sense. Kevin

Thanks Bob, I would have never noticed the spots before you mentioned it. The PH did say he thought he would be 9 or 10 years old, I have no idea how they determine age, but he did mention his horns turning out on top as an indicator. Thanks again. Kevin

Woods1126, That is a gorgeous Kudu!!! Exactly like the one in my dreams (y)
Not sure if this is accurate or not, but I've been told Kudu horns grow an average of 7 inches per year after 1 year old. 7 inches X 8 years (plus one)= 56" and 9 years old ???

Thank you IdaRam. He was the Kudu of my dreams too. I don't know about growth rate per year in the Eastern Cape, but this guy would go maybe 45"- 47"" at best. I never put a tape on him, nor did my PH. I guess after you work your tail off and walk for miles, a few inches either way, doesn't make much difference. I'll put a tape on him eventually though. Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vietgen

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!