Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
BGRC PFRC & SSAA
Hunted
Australia (WA & NT), Zimbabwe, Zambia, South Africa
Hi all,
In the last few years has anyone hunted with a South African PH named Gerry S Du Preez?
Thanks,
Timbo

Sorry Timbo, not me, never heard of him Brian

Hi Timbo

Best advice is check with PHASA , the South African professional hunters association hopefully they can help you.

I did a few years ago deal with a Gerrie Du Preez who booked a client for me from the UK, the hunt went very well and in fact the same client is hunting again with me this year. Cut a long story short, there was an outstanding balance that Gerrie was supposed to pay me that I never did receive. I tried contacting this Gerrie every way possible. His email address changed, the website disappeared, I contacted PHASA they never heard of him I asked PHASA to circulate a message to all their listed members to help me find this guy , I had no luck at all making contact with this guy. Even the client who hunted with me tried from his end to no avail . Anyway fortunately the client is now a friend and will be hunting with me again .

Look there is a Gerrie Du Preez listed with PHASA just not the one I was looking for, so it is possible that your guy could be legit as Du Preez is a common name. I can not remember if he had a second name as you are wanting info on a Gerrie S Du Preez. The guy I dealt with was just Gerrie Du Preez , so it is possible these 2 guys may very well not be connected.

Best of luck

Wayne Van Den Bergh

Hi Timbo

As stated start with PHASA if the guy you are dealing with and assuming you have the spelling correct is not in their listings then I'd say look else where un less you can get some very reliable recommendations from some of his client.

I did ask PHASA, but their PH Du Preez is definately not the same guy as the one I'm asking about. Thanks for replying though.

Wayne, thanks for throwing the red flag....could be nothing....or it could be "huge problem". Enough of a coincidence to bother me!

Wayne, thanks for throwing the red flag....could be nothing....or it could be "huge problem". Enough of a coincidence to bother me!

No problem Wayne! If, as you say, this does turn into a "huge problem" - then at least we're all warned. Timbo

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoelKalman

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg