SOUTH AFRICA: Paw Print Safari African Dream

Troy McLellan

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Our last night in Africa, a sad night. Had a dream hunt with Pieter. Was a special trip with my wife and youngest son along to share the adventure, thankyou to them both for making this so much better by sharing this trip with me. We took some beautiful animals including my dream of hunting a bull giraffe, something I thought I would never do, thanks again Pieter 'You are the man'. Ha ha ha.

Was also so proud of my son who took 3 beautiful animals something that will stay with him for the rest of his life. His shooting was awesome and he is rightfully pretty happy with himself.
Thank you to Pieter and the Paw Print Safari team for showing us a wonderful time and going out of your way to make this such a wonderful trip. Will be with sad hearts we say goodbye and too long till we meet again, though I know we will. Cheers mate

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pieter = family hunt = great time = memories of a lifetime.

Recurring theme in Paw Print hunt reports.

Glad you had a great time! Love all of the smiles....

Those pictures really do speak volumes. Thanks for sharing and congrats on fulfilling some dreams!

Excellent work Troy! Pieter runs a class operation. Would you care to share what your rifle of choice was on the Giraffe and what your shot placement choice was?

The background in the zebra photo is paradise!
Thanks for sharing.

Congrats, I'm glad your family had a great hunting trip!

Excellent work Troy! Pieter runs a class operation. Would you care to share what your rifle of choice was on the Giraffe and what your shot placement choice was?
Marius, Troy is on his way to Australia, he used a .375 H&H and took a high neck shot, immediately putting the giraffe down.

Well done and congratulations to a great hunt @Troy McLellan and @Paw Print . It is always good to hear and read of especially all the new friendships that is made, memories that will be cherished and quality family time spent together.

You have bagged beautiful trophies @Troy McLellan and you can be proud on those along with the trophies your son has taken.

image.jpg
Thanks for the replies all. We all had a wonderful time. Especially the wife and son who really enjoyed themselves. The hunting was excellent and the additional activities kept everyone smiling. Shopping, food, sightseeing and some fine beverages were enjoyed by all.
Pieter really went out of his way to make sure we got to see the beauty of South Africa and make it more than just a hunting trip.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like some more happy hunters from paw print.

Glad someone got a chance at that nice bull giraffe.We got to see him a few times when in the northwest area and he was a nice one.Plus a see another gaint hardebeast was taken on that ranch.

Great job and I like seeing mom and dad getting there son out.Well done.

looks like it was a great time. Good memories for sure.

Congratulations on a great hunt. Thanks for sharing.

All the best.

Looks like you had a great family time...

Memories that will last a life time...

Awesome! thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words Troy, it was really good meeting you and your family!

your stuffed now troy, you and the clan will be on the way back there soon .
congrats on a highly succsessfull hunting /holiday mate.
you and the boy took some great trophies .
thumbs up for Pieter and his team ,aswell.

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing your story here.

Congratulations for your hunt.....very nice trophies and Paw Print people allways doing a great job....!!!!

Well done all of you.....!!!!!

I think youre bluey. The father in law who swears he has done enough trips to Africa is now planning a trip for next year for all of us. Hope he can help with the bills. Ha ha
My young blokes already working on Mum to get himself a crack at a kudu as well. He knows the angles to work sly little bugger.

No need for thanks Piet. Just telling it like it is mate. Youre a good straight up, hard working bloke. Wish there were more like you and everyone had the same to say for their experience. Seems a fair few get less than they bargained for but, can't be said for the time we had with Paw Print safaris. It was top notch.

Good to see Tarj is working on mum!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smits

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg