SOUTH AFRICA: My First Hunting Trip To South Africa

Nice photos and story!
I were on my first African hunt 2013
and I have wanted to go back ever since.

Awesome Hunt! Thanks for sharing your hunt and your great pictures.

Great hunt and report ... awesome bushback ... I could have done without the close up with those ticks :)!

Great write up Ross...where next?

Looks a great time. Nice Bushbuck. Gotta love em. Bruce

Great photos and report. Thank you for sharing.

Nice hunt. Thanks for posting.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but which safari company did you hunt with?

I am now hooked on bushbuck, the one on the list for next time is the chobe!!

Nice hunt report and truly a great cape bushbuck!

Where are you planning to go for the chobe?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know .... about the chobe!

looked like some great hunting there. Gotta love Bushbucks.

After my first bushbuck, it has made my hunger for the rest of the subspecies even more hungry!! The harnessed bushbuck is an amazing animal!! I would like to collect them all eventually!!

Getting the trophies home right now is going to take a bit of patience. There are lots of hoops to jump through over there.

I have been told not to expect them much before 12 months. The UK based booking agent arranges a large container about every 6-9 months, he gets all the trophies shipped to his home in the UK and then I will arrange collection.

The plus point of the delay is, it will give me more time to build my trophy room in my garden. My girlfriend is already giving me bad looks across the dinner table when I spend more time looking at my mounts than I do into her eyes!! LOL

Nice photos and story!
I were on my first African hunt 2013
and I have wanted to go back ever since.

If you enjoyed it as much as me, you will be back sometime very soon. If it was not for my other more closer to home hunting trips planned, I would be back in Africa before the end of 2015!!

Awesome Hunt! Thanks for sharing your hunt and your great pictures.

My pleasure Bob, between my girlfriend and I we took 600+ photos. Its a great way to bring back the memories.

Great hunt and report ... awesome bushback ... I could have done without the close up with those ticks :)!

Sorry Scott. I must admit after having my photos taken I did a thorough tick check, I would have hated to take some of them home hitch-hiking and clinging on somewhere unmentionable.

Great write up Ross...where next?

France in November with you mate, I need to speak to you about aoudad/Barbary sheep in July. Maybe we could sneak that in before the French trip??

Looks a great time. Nice Bushbuck. Gotta love em. Bruce

I am now officially a bushbuck addict!! I doubt whether there are any groups I can join to talk about my addiction to buchbuck, so I will have to get support from you guys :sneaky:

Great photos and report. Thank you for sharing.

My pleasure, my grandmother always taught me its best to share with your friends.

Nice hunt. Thanks for posting.

My pleasure, my grandmother always taught me its best to share with your friends.

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but which safari company did you hunt with?

I went with Settlers Safari's
http://www.settlerssafaris.com/

Nice hunt report and truly a great cape bushbuck!

Where are you planning to go for the chobe?

Thanks Bob, I am very very proud of it. I wish I had room for a full mount in my house. I am kicking myself now as I am building my new trophy room and I would have had space, I only decided when I got back that I was going to build it!!

Yes, inquiring minds want to know .... about the chobe!

Maybe Botswana or Zimbabwe. My mate is going to Botswana on Saturday, so I am hoping for a good report from him and maybe it will be with the same outfit!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross