SOUTH AFRICA: My first Safari

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by Cowtown guy, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    Blue wildebeest was not in the budget when we went but after seeing the flat skins in the lodge Christine had to have one. The one thing I regret not inquiring about until it was too late was an Nyala ewe. They are gorgeous and would look great in a pedistal mount with a displaying bull. Hint, hint. LOL

Definitely plan on KZN next trip, even if you want to hunt Buffalo next trip I would still plan a few days there before or after. The lodge itself is not 5 star but is quite comfortable, quaint and well kept up. Its nice, I would have enjoyed staying there even if I hadnt been hunting. I do have plenty of pics so PM me your email and I will send some. In the mean time I have a few pics here - http://www.africahunting.com/south-africa-hunting-reports/5751-ct-safaris-classy-outfit.html

I am 20 min west of Edson. More than a little bit far for a pop in to compare pics unfortunately.

2. Cowtown guy

Cowtown guy AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI Canada, Delta Waterfowl
    Hunted:
    Canada, United States, South Africa
    Maybe too far for a pop but ther's elk out there. Maybe I'll get out there for Elk one day and look you up.

3. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI
    Hunted:
    Canada (AB, SK, NWT, BC) USA (NM, TX) South Africa (Limpopo, KZN, Free State, Eastern Cape, Northen Cape), Kyrgyzstan, Czech Republic
    Sounds good, Let me know if you are up this way. I am heading out this morning for a 2-3 week hunt (primarily Moose but Elk, Mulie, and Bighorn are not safe either!!!)

4. Cowtown guy

Cowtown guy AH Member

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI Canada, Delta Waterfowl
    Hunted:
    Canada, United States, South Africa
    Good luck Dustin.

5. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    It looks like you had a great time...

6. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    As I have told everyone that has gone to Africa with me- If you go once you will return- They ALL have! Even the ones who said it was a one time deal (including me).