SOUTH AFRICA: My first Safari

I actually shot my Kudu bull on the range hill. Just around the corner to the west. We could see the highway while doing the trophy photos.
I agree with the "Elky" looking hills and valleys. The rocky ledges and brushy valley bottoms with all of it leading to the river sure looks like Elk to me.
After seeing the Blue Wildebeest rug in the Chalet, my wife would really like that flatskin to come home next time. I think a Nyala or Bushbuck skin would be cool too.
I am thinking more and more of doing KZN for the next trip. Do you have any pics of Natal and the area or lodge? Chris was having computer issues so he couldn't show me at the time.
Where in AB are you?

Blue wildebeest was not in the budget when we went but after seeing the flat skins in the lodge Christine had to have one. The one thing I regret not inquiring about until it was too late was an Nyala ewe. They are gorgeous and would look great in a pedistal mount with a displaying bull. Hint, hint. LOL

Definitely plan on KZN next trip, even if you want to hunt Buffalo next trip I would still plan a few days there before or after. The lodge itself is not 5 star but is quite comfortable, quaint and well kept up. Its nice, I would have enjoyed staying there even if I hadnt been hunting. I do have plenty of pics so PM me your email and I will send some. In the mean time I have a few pics here - http://www.africahunting.com/south-africa-hunting-reports/5751-ct-safaris-classy-outfit.html

I am 20 min west of Edson. More than a little bit far for a pop in to compare pics unfortunately.

I am 20 min west of Edson. More than a little bit far for a pop in to compare pics unfortunately.
Maybe too far for a pop but ther's elk out there. Maybe I'll get out there for Elk one day and look you up.

Sounds good, Let me know if you are up this way. I am heading out this morning for a 2-3 week hunt (primarily Moose but Elk, Mulie, and Bighorn are not safe either!!!)

It looks like you had a great time...

As I have told everyone that has gone to Africa with me- If you go once you will return- They ALL have! Even the ones who said it was a one time deal (including me).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!