Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, USA
Outfitter: Koedoeberg Safaris
web site – www.koedoeberg.co.za
AH screen name – nkjonas and Koedoeberg

PH: Peet van der Westhuizen
web site - www.molopohunt.co.za
AH screen name - Molopohunt

Properties hunted: Koedoeberg main property, Tala Manzi Wildsplaas, Omega Game Farm

Animals taken: Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Warthog, Cull Blesbok

I recently returned from a hunt at Koedoeberg and everything about the hunt was excellent. Koedoeberg is located near Groot Marico in the Northwest province so it was a convenient 3 hour drive from Johannesburg airport.

My PH for the hunt was Peet van der Westhuizen. Peet operates Molopo Hunt and specializes in dangerous game hunts but he is often contracted as a PH for Koedoeberg. Peet is an amazing PH - he has all the qualities that a client would want in a PH. He is ethical, well-mannered, fearless and diligent. Every morning he was in the kitchen drinking coffee when I came out of my room. He worked tirelessly to get good shot opportunities. He has a good personality and is the kind of guy that you want to spend the day with.

The lodge was tidy and clean. Peet's wife, Particia, was the cook for my hunt and did a superb job. The meals were hearty South African fare, always hot, delicious and promptly served.

Everyone else involved were very friendly, especially Nathan Jonas the North American representative for Koedoeberg. While planning the safari, I phoned him often and he was very helpful. The owner, Willem Faul runs a very honest operation that provides great value to hunters.

One particular aspect I liked is that after we hunted the main property for a few days, we rotated to other properties to relieve the hunting pressure on the animals. Koedoeberg provided a great hunt with many lasting memories. The only bad part is the long wait for the next safari!

Wildebeest1.jpg
Impala1.JPG
Warthog1.JPG
Blesbok1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, nice warthog!

Well done, nice warthog!

Thanks. I actually had an opportunity to take a monster warthog two days before I took the one in the photo, but I was too slow and it ran away before I could take the shot. I learned that you need to be fast to shoot on warthogs. I am still very pleased with the female warthog I took.

Glad you enjoyed your hunt. It's a trend at Koedoeberg.
Willem understands service.

Thanks for your report.

Congrats, glad you had a good trip!

Glad you enjoyed your hunt. It's a trend at Koedoeberg.
Willem understands service.

Thanks for your report.

You see nothing but good reports from Koedoeberg and now I know why. There were some local South African hunters there for the weekend, but for the other 5 days of my hunt, I was the only person at the lodge. That provides a very personal experience.

Glad you had a great hunt. Thanks for sharing the photos and report.

Glad you enjoyed the hunt. Nice animals taken Congrats!

Congrates, cool pic on the impala!

I hunted at Koedoeberg last year and had a fantastic hunt very similar to yours. Glad to see Willem and Nathan continue to provide great hunting opportunities. Too those looking for a great safari and very reasonable prices should consider looking at Koedoeberg Safaris.

Congrats on your hunt and nice trophies !

Thanks for sharing.

Some photos of the lodge.

Here is a lunch, this was spaghetti bolognese with fresh baked bread.
P5030053.JPG

Here was dinner, zebra filets.
P5050144.JPG

Front yard.
P5030048.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, that's roughing it! ;)

Thanks for sharing and glad you had a great time. Good luck with the planning of the next trip! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross