SOUTH AFRICA: Koedoeberg Game Lodge

roguex

Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa
Has any one hunted with Koedoeberg Game Lodge or is anyone familar with their operation? The only thing that I can find on them is the report from the 2 hunts that they gave away. They have some great deals offered but with all the horror stories that you hear I'd like to get some good feedback before booking with them.

roguex,

I was one of the winners, the only one's here besides me would be nkjonas and i think Monish also hunted with Koedoeberg.

You have read my hunting report, so I won't repeat myself on all the details. Willem (Koedoeberg) runs a fantastic operation with a lot of quality land and animals. I cannot say enough good things about him. Others have inquires with me about Koedoeberg but I am not sure if they booked with Willem or not. Feel free to PM me if you like.

There are four references on the posted on Willems website. Have you contacted them?

roguex,
35bore (Scott) and myself were the winners of the field photo judging contest graciously held by AfricaHunting.com and Koedoeberg Safaris. I see that you have read our hunting report on this site. Without repeating all the details of that report I will state that I was incredibly satisfied with my experience with Willem and Koedoeberg Safaris. So much so that my wife and I are returning in mid October to spend my 30th birthday at Koedoeberg. I am also assisting Willem with his marketing here in the US. Please feel free to e-mail me or IM me here with any questions you might have about Koedoeberg. I could even phone you if you would like.
Regards,
Nathan Jonas

Hi Rogue X,

100% with what 35 Bore & Jonas relate , Koedoeberg Game Lodge is a new & very well developed game farm and is still under the process of development for much better hunting routines in the future times to come. Mr. Willem Faul , the owner is a wonderful gentleman , and has the operations very well managed .
Am there from 10th to 20th March 2012 for my plains game hunt. Kudu,s are exceptional at his place .....

Feel free to call 35 bore,Jonas & me any time , we would be more than happy to clear the doubts you have been straining your self with..

All the Best ...

Monish

Kudu,s are exceptional at his place .....
Monish

From all tales told this is true...... Willem loves to keep those Kudu around.

There you go, make your booking, you won't get better references than these..!

roguex I have not hunted with Willem but have emailed him many times and after chating with some one long enough you know if there full of BS or not and Willem has come across as an Honest person and I know that wolverine67 and his friend have all ready booked their hunt for this year. I don't think you'll regret booking with Koedoeberg. Good luck on your hunt.

Am there from 10th to 20th March 2012 for my plains game hunt. Kudu,s are exceptional at his place .....

All the Best ...

Monish

How was your hunt Monish? As Bob said I have booked with Willem and going there in august.

I just got settled back in after my return from Africa.
If you are like me you sometimes think a deal that sounds too good to be true probably is. A 5 day hunt for impala, blesbok, and warthog for $1000 and no other cost? Well what's the worst that can happen I go to Africa and I'm out a grand.
Well I can say that I feel like I under paid. I spend 7 great days with Willem at Koedoeberg and can't wait to go back. I only had 5 animals on my list but 7 days and 13 animals later where did the time go. Every part of this hunt was above and beyond my expectations. The food, the lodging, the 3 ph's Willem, Renier, and Ricus were all a pleasure to spend the week with. During our stay we went to a few farms and Willem's was by far the nicest. It has a great variety of terrain with enough animals to keep you excited all the time. Not only were there a lot of animals but the trophy quality was exceptional. I passed on a few great animals on the first day only to regret it 3 days later. But being a rookie to African hunting you don't know that when you get and opportunity you should take it. We passed on a big kudu the first evening and then had a hard time finding another good one for several days. Willem never pressured us into shooting anything but would say it is a good one or you can do better.
That being said after shooting my kudu and my hunting partner shooting his it seemed like the big bulls new that they were in the clear and we started seeing several 50 plus inch kudu everyday for the last 3 days of our hunt. On the last evening of our trip one came within bow range and my warthog hunt turned into a kudu hunt. It was too much to resist the opportunity to take a great kudu with a bow.
The week left me with a lot of great memories and a strong desire to return soon. If anyone is thinking about booking with Koedoeberg I would highly recommend it. I would be happy to answer any questions about koedoeberg.

Feel free to call me 713-306-7446

Jeremy Ruesink

Congrats Jeremy! We all knew you would have a great time at Koedoeberg but how about a list of the 13 animals you and your hunting Partner took and post some photo's please. Come on feed the fire.

Congrats on a great hunt. Can't wait for the pics!!

You can look at the pictures on Nathan's thread for this hunt under great deals. I am having trouble uploading them. I will try to get a couple of my favorites.
2x kudu one with a bow, 2 impala, 2 warthogs, 2 blue wildebeest, blesbok, springbok, porcupine, and a couple of culls.

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 183
:mad:They aren't uploading the way I want but her are a couple more.

I knew Willem would come through for you. Congrats on a great hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross