Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
Hi, I just got back from hunting in South Africa with Tsala Safari in the Limpopo Province. I had a great hunt shot a sable, 2 bushbuck, a klipspringer, porcupine and honey badger. Full report to follow in the coming weeks.

SOME OF YOU ARE FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK, PLEASE DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON MY FACEBOOK PAGE. If you want to talk about something private message me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know a lot of anti-hunters and don't want to share this part of my life with them anymore. There are a lot of dumb people in this world. I still need their connections and contacts but the Africa stuff them don't need to know about it!!!!!! They will never understand and forgive them for their stupidity and ignorance.

I have a ton of stuff going on right now, I'll be on here now and again.

And my gun case got run over by Delta....still fuming pissed about it!!!!

look forward to the pictures and report! Sucks about the gun case but if your gun survived please let me know the make of the case!

That´s great Eric, looking forward to hear about it all !

I will be waiting very anxious Enysse......!!!!!

Ok...

we are waiting on your report

sounds like you had a great trip.Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your trip

I do get irritated with airlines....customer service!!

And it irritates me to no end that it's alright to kill deer because they wreck my car or eat my scrubs, but don't hunt those "endangered species "in Africa.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The gun was fine, if I'd taken two...I would have lost one for sure! Funny thing is I was thinking about that when packing.

Sorry for your damaged case..., but it seems your hunting trip was fine.

Hope to read you quickly about your sable antelope dream !

Glad to hear the hunting was great.

cant believe that the airlines managed to damage the case like that. you're lucky that your rifle was not damaged in any way...

did the damage happen on the way over or on your trip back?

looking forward to seeing some pics (y)

Thanks guys, just before I left to Africa, I saw someone's gun case on here badly damaged. That post convinced me to just put my gun and nothing else in the case and center the gun in the case :). Delta said it was damaged in the USA. I only found out in Africa. A lot of people said it would have been worse if I hadn't had such a tough case. I agree! Still waiting on Delta for satisfaction.

I have to take the NCLEX on Tuesday and I have a lot of other things going on, you know how it is when you are gone 10 days. You are behind!

Still in Africa time...lol. Can you ever get it out of your system????

Congrats on the success. How big was the Sable? Still on my to hunt list.... Bet you don't get much satisfaction from Delta. Most airlines limit their damages to around $100/bag. Glad your rifle was not harmed. You dodged a bullet on that one! Can't wait for a hunt report. Bruce

Bruce, the sable was 40 inches on one horn and 40.5 inches on the other. They are perfect condition. It's gonna make a spectacular mount!!!! Very happy about it!

Looking forward to the full report! Sorry about your gun case but at least it did it's job protecting your rifle in spite of Delta's best gorilla efforts. Pictures of that Sable would at least be a nice starter.....

Eric looking forward to the full report sounds like you had an awesome time even if you did get your gun case messed up.

That case must have gotten stuck in the conveyor system somewhere. Holy crap.

You got some of those special ones E.

Glad to hear of your successes. Waiting to hear the rest and see the photos. Hope Delta comes through for you.

All the best.

Enysse very sorry to see the damage to your gun case. I trust your rifle was ok. I'm sure Delta will make it right. As someone else indicated it must have been a great case to take the abuse and not come open. I'm excited to hear that you got such a nice sable and look forward to hearing the complete story about the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you