SOUTH AFRICA: Is there any decent hunting in the South near Cape Town & the wine farms?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by TERMINATOR, May 10, 2012.

1. TERMINATOR

TERMINATOR AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA (Life), EX Member Safari Club Intl
    Hunted:
    USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Namibia, Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right) and R.S.A.
    Leaving for East Cape in 9 days and am sure I will have a blast.

On my next trip to R.S.A. I want to show my wife Cape Town, Table Mtn and the wine areas north of Cape Town...but want to slip in some hunting as well while I am there and before I head out to other points in R.S.A. like East Cape or KZN

I have not heard of any hunting in the Capetown area so I was wondering if I just have to make it a side stop to hunting somewhere else or if there is any good hunting anywhere near Capetowns wine farms.

Thanks
  2. Cliffy

Cliffy AH Elite

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
    This is very interesting I was thinking the exact thing for my next trip. And no one has chimed in yet?
  3. Fritz Rabe

Fritz Rabe AH Veteran

My Photos:
    Member of:
    PHASA, South African Bowhunting Association (SABA) Instructor, NSRI
    Hunted:
    SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Namibia, Mozambique, Ethipoia, Cameroon, CAR, Tanzania, Canada, USA, Spain
    There are not a lot off quality game farms around Cape Town because there are other farming activities that produce a lot more income than game breeding. There are however superb bird shooting within one hour drive around CT.
  4. Wolverine67

Wolverine67 AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, SHAC, RW Guild
    Hunted:
    Norway, Sweden, Poland, South Africa
  5. TERMINATOR

TERMINATOR AH Enthusiast

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA (Life), EX Member Safari Club Intl
    Hunted:
    USA (Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Iowa, Nebraska), Namibia, Texas (Ya'll do realize Texas is a country right) and R.S.A.
    That is what I figured. Going to just have to hit Capetown then fly out to to another area for hunting next trip.