SOUTH AFRICA: In Progress Trip Update

Royal is that one of those "You can take the man out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the man" deals?

Royal is that one of those "You can take the man out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the man" deals?
Bout the truest statement ever uttered. I had to laugh though. I kinda felt at home in Africa. Everywhere we went we ran into other Texans. I think RSA is worried about an invasion lol.

Without a doubt! I've really enjoyed Georgis, but Texas will ALWAYS be home.

Bout the truest statement ever uttered. I had to laugh though. I kinda felt at home in Africa. Everywhere we went we ran into other Texans. I think RSA is worried about an invasion lol.

Agree with all Erik! And it also never ceases to amaze me how much some of RSM looks like the Texas Hill Country, different, yet the same.

Right, there were several places we went that looked like home.

@ActionBob I know that @Buff-Buster taught you all about chicken fried steak on your last trip to Texas, but maybe this will help you some more for next time...

FB_IMG_1436716225433.jpg

Welcome back Gizmo! Glad it was a great family affair. Looking forward to the write up. R.

Ok @Royal27 , @gizmo , and all you other Texicans... My top ten comments/questions ...10. Love your champagne, formal attire, and cooking (but without pickles) 9. Your bank is bleeding the rest of us dry! 8. You stole the state bird from MN. 7. I want to see pictures of the leather seats, cruise control, climate control and GPS in your luxury cars. 6. Just how ,many miles to the bale do you get with those things anyway? 5. The toupee explains turning the head rests around backwards so you all can get into the pickup truck without taking the hats off. 4. I looked into bringing cattle to Texas but could not figure out the insurance, so thanks for the help there. 3. I think you could add NY City, Chicago, and Washington DC as addition space in hell. 2. Why do you put all your house pets on the road when they die?

You missed # 1. Gun control Texas style!

gun-rack-for-back-window-in-truck.jpg

Attachments

• gun-rack-for-back-window-in-truck.jpg
    gun-rack-for-back-window-in-truck.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 2,453
:A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl::A Worshipl:

lol Bob gun control means hitting your target.
Here's my daughter luxury vehicle, costs as much as a car and the fuel mileage is about the same.
image.jpg
We have three more in the garage too.
The gps is between his ears. Air conditioning is 35 or so ac and the whole thing is a leather seat.

Yep never saw a horse that couldn't find his way home. Especially at feeding time. I thought the pets were called 'possums on the half shell'...and I didn't know that "proud" and "texan" were actually 2 seperate words. Just like "damm" and "cedar". Glad you are back safe and waiting for the whole story.

Here's my daughter luxury vehicle, costs as much as a car and the fuel mileage is about the same. View attachment 44863We have three more in the garage too.
The gps is between his ears. Air conditioning is 35 or so ac and the whole thing is a leather seat.

And it makes fertilizer!

Yep never saw a horse that couldn't find his way home.

Could be 10 miles back in the Idaho mountains and the horse would be acting tired right until you pointed him towards home and suddenly the horse's pace would pick up.

Welcome home buddy. Look forward to hearing from you and reading your full report.

Looking forward to the hunt report! It appears that good times were had by the whole family.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TaylaHoola

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!