SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting with Numzaan Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by Steve, Mar 15, 2012.

1. Steve

Steve AH Member

My Photos:
    Does anyone have any information or know anything or anyone who has hunted with NUMZAAN Safaris in Zim or other country or concession. Thank you

2. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    As far as Numzaan hunting in Zimbabwe, with who....they will need a Zimbabwe PH....I'm not kidding about this either. I saw Numzaan offering hunts in RSA and Mozambique. Mozambique, I can understand, because a RSA PH license is good in Mozambique as long as you have a Mozambique PH in camp. Again there are permits that need to be filled out. I understand Numzaan sells a lot of hunts at SCI, but you still have to know all the legal hoops.

3. numzaanstef

numzaanstef AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, LLF, SAHGCA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe,Tanzania, Mozambique, Namibia, Canada, Independent Country of TX, Spain, Mexico, Swaziland
    If you need references just ask and I will forward them to you. Yes in all the countries above South Africa and in South Africa we have Legal registered PH's that hunt with us.

4. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Of course he can ask about the references you will provide.
    Are you willing to provide a reference from someone who was not so happy with their hunt?

Due diligence!

5. numzaanstef

numzaanstef AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, LLF, SAHGCA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe,Tanzania, Mozambique, Namibia, Canada, Independent Country of TX, Spain, Mexico, Swaziland
    References

I like positive people.

What do you sagest? 

If you woke up is a good day
    Stef Swanepoel

6. BRICKBURN

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    Stef, Apologies for being oblique. The power of this forum is that you can ask for opinions of people who may not have been screened by the outfitter.
    Outfitters are never going to list dissatisfied customers on a reference list. The outfitter can also post here and explain/promote his decisions or actions, as you have already done I note.

My point is only that a hunter should ask for information from a variety of sources besides the outfitter.

It is appropriate to get all the information you can to check out potential hunt offers and outfitters.

As an example:

I got references from the outfitter. Of course everyone was happy. Not one person had hunted the species I was after though. Since I wanted a "low fenced farm" experience I was not too concerned.

This outfit that I hunted with had read only one review available on the web at the time.
    In the review the hunter stated that the accommodation was "adequate". I read between the lines of this polite comment and took this to mean that it was not the greatest accommodation. As I was hunting alone it did not really concern me. If my wife were coming along it would have been a big red flag!
    The hunting was what I expected and I got most of my trophies and enjoyed myself.

The description in the review was spot on. The accommodation was adequate. Not fancy, clean and very basic.

I got more information from the review than I did from the references in this case.

So, I would suggest that you participate here to the best of your ability and create a presence and relationship that people can trust and get your hunters to come here and post their reviews.

I hope this helps.

7. numzaanstef

numzaanstef AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, LLF, SAHGCA
    Hunted:
    Dear Brickburn,
    I honestly appreciate your input and feedback.
    My apologies if I came over to strong. As you know by now law of averages is that very few happy clients talk and the one client that no matter what you do that you cannot please stand on top of the mountain and screams to the world. I am naive about this as I make a living serving people. I take it very seriously if someone is not happy and will do everything possible to rectify the situation. It would be wonderful if everybody would follow your advice and get as much info as possible so that their Safaris would all be a wonderful experience to remember for life.

After all, we as Outfitters/PH's hold your dreams in our hands. 

If you woke up is a blessed day
    Stef Swanepoel

8. BRICKBURN

My Photos:
    Member of:
    KZN Hunters Assoc
    Hunted:
    This is the process that J promotes with AH. Open, transparent and anyone is welcome to contribute within the rules.

We occasionally jump to conclusions but most of the time someone tries to drag everyone back to the reasonable side.
    Expect to be challenged.

Difficult clients are everywhere. Best defence is a good offence!

Here is an excellent example of information that is useful. Someone who has posted here for a long time and is trusted commenting.

9. numzaanstef

numzaanstef AH Member

Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, LLF, SAHGCA
    Hunted:
    Thank you Louis,
    Check is in the mail

10. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    There you go, you got the Idea, not to mention that Louis is a very respected person here and with that statement he put a feather in your hat. again Welcome aboard