SOUTH AFRICA: Hunting Safari With Oliver Wettstein Safaris Waterberg Mountains Limpopo Province

Steve Bosang

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA
Just returned from a 7 day hunt with Oliver Wettstein Safaris and it was exceptional.After the 2.5 hr drive NE of Pretoria , my co hunter and I were astounded how nice and dramatic the accomodations were as well as the hunt area.Over 5000 acres with many mountains(enlarging the hunt areas).The quarters were extremely comfortable and the meals were chef prepared(I'm sure I gained 5 lbs).Mr Wettstein is a very accomplished hunter and guide and knows his area well.My co hunter and I traveled there to take Sable antelopes and there were many to choose from.Also on the farm and hunt acreage we saw leopard,Cape Buffalo,Kudu,Impala, Nyala, Giraffe, Wildebeest, Hartebeest and evidence of Hyena.The crocodiles in the contained lake were spectacular.The Safari operation was well run and efficient with capable help in processing our trophys.As with any well managed safari additional game was offered and accepted including my co-hunter deciding it was his life's ambition to take a Cape Buffalo and he took a very fine one ~
DSCF0547.JPG
DSCF0186.JPG
DSCF0267.JPG
DSCF0237.JPG
Pearly  whites.JPG
My Kudu  with Oliver Wettstein PH.JPG
Beautiful Mother Giraffe.JPG
86 inches of tip thru boss to other tip.I took a magnificent Kudu and Zebra in addition to a very fine Sable.Both owner-PH Oliver and these two hunters agreed it was a most exciting safari and very very successfull-I accused Oliver of using a pneumatic jump -up Black mamba animatronic on the first day to really wake us up, but unfortunately it was REAL!!I wholeheartedly recommend this safari operation..it is my second one and by far THE BEST.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on the great animals. I have spoken with Oliver before and he seemed like a first rate guy. Though when I talked with him he didn't mention anything about black mambas! Glad you had a great report and thanks for posting.

Great trophies! Congrats on your success! Thank you for sharing.

@Steve Bosang , congrats on some super trophies, glad you had a great time on DOORNSTOK. Glad to see Oliver is still passionate and chasing his dreams of being a PH. He sure does love the African bush. Thought I would just post a pic of Oliver with his first buffalo, taken in the swamps of Mozambique as a youngster.
Oli Buff Moz.JPG

@TMS very cool! Thanks for sharing that photo

@Steve Bosang , congrats on some super trophies, glad you had a great time on DOORNSTOK. Glad to see Oliver is still passionate and chasing his dreams of being a PH. He sure does love the African bush. Thought I would just post a pic of Oliver with his first buffalo, taken in the swamps of Mozambique as a youngster. View attachment 152901

TM - Thanks for the Pic - I heard about that Buff hunt -Oliver traversing thru a swamp with a croc on his tail..That man has spirit and his heart is in it deeply.Thoroughly enjoyed him as a PH and now as a friend..

Yes, we sure had some heart pumping moments on the safari. Did he tell you about the crocs trying to steal his hippo.

Yes, we sure had some heart pumping moments on the safari. Did he tell you about the crocs trying to steal his hippo.

No LOL!!! Nothing would surprise me!!! I'll have to quiz him about that one.I'm at 65 years old and I tried to impress on him its important to have great times but also important to get from point A to Point B in the lifeline!!! Thanks for your input I'm SURE you have stories to tell.....

Congrats on your safari and thanks for sharing!

Looks like you guys had a very good safari. Congrats and thank you for sharing the hunt report.

Congrats on your great hunt, and thanks for sharing !

Spectacular pictures!! Thanks for posting!

Great pics. Thanks for the report!

Nice hunt Steve, thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross