South Africa Hunting Plans

TyrannosaurusJordan

Reaction score
I would love to hunt in Africa someday, which is why I joined this forum. However, such a trip is a long while off due to expenses. Although it is too long away to make detailed plans, I would like to put some rudimentary plans into action (basic guidelines, outfitter recommendations, animals to hunt). So far, I have already gotten the following plans in my head:

- I will most likely do my hunting in South Africa, because along with hunting I could also go on a cage dive with great white sharks. Namibia is also a possibility, however.

- I will certainly hunt some plains game, but would also like to hunt a dangerous game animal (nothing too expensive or grand like an elephant, rhino or lion, but maybe crocodile or buffalo).

- I have considered Numzaan Safaris for the trip, but I think it is too early to know exactly what outfitter I will be going out with.

Although this is very immature at this point and nothing is set in stone, I would like it if anyone could give me tips on the best time of the year to do these activities and the best outfitters to ensure that I have a good experience. Thanks.

If your plan is in your head that is where it will stay... Put your plan in writing and review it daily... that way you will know what you are working towards...

Basic Expense...
Plains game the daily rate will be less that Dangerous game.

Time of year to go...
From April to October are good months...
However, May to September are better months...

Safari length...
1. 7 day
2. 10 day
3. 14 day
4. longer

Most Dangerous game safari's will run 10 to 14 days depending on the species you select...a longer booking will give you more options to look at..

Trophy fees... are usually based on animals taken... so compare different operations to get a good base to work with as far of expenses go.

Being far out in your planning... consider looking at many different hunting areas is the best ...

Consider different countries... not in any order by the way...
1. Namibia
2. South Africa
3. Zambia
4. Zimbabwe
5. Mozambique
6. Bostwana

All have their plus and negatives.. it will be down to what you are willing to do

Side trip for fishing and ocean fishing are add on and can be added.

Taxidermy... now is the time to start looking at who you want to use and what game animals you want to have mounted...

importer.. is usually lined up after you find your taxidermist... they work hand in hand to get your trophy's returned and in your hands...

Stick around here and read some hunt reports and poke around.

When you are done school you'll have some time to head to Africa.

Hi Jordan,

I read a great report about a hunting trip/shark cage dive with @Karoo Wild looked like a great adventure.
All the best with the planning.

Cheers
Jono

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg