SOUTH AFRICA: Huntershill Safaris 2013 What A Time

........... I fire and it doesn't even flinch 300 Win Mag 180gr Barnes X bullets at 100 yards and it didn't even flinch Rusty said hit him again so I fire again didn't even flinch am I hitting him I ask. Rusty said hit him in the shoulder just as he walked behind a tree and I fire again killing the tree grave yard dead. He's not running off, he walks off 20 yards swinging his head back and forth so I fire again 3 rounds in the Eland and he's still standing Rusty said again so I put a forth round in him and finally he toppled over man are they tough...........

My experience exactly. They are tough. It sure gives you an appreciation for hoe big they really are.

Nice trophy.

Day 9

Today has us combing the hills and valleys for my Duiker we're hunting Rusty's farm and doing some calling with a predator call wounded rabbit and several Duikers came in to check it out but no shooters so we're headed in to another valley when one is spotted and it's a good one I get setup it stops about 130 yards I fire and miss yep clean miss and it never stopped running until out of sight I found out later I had missed a 6 inch Duiker. I could kick myself. Well a little later we found another 100 yards took aim fired and seen dirt fly up behind it everyone looked at me and I said no way that was a steady shot that was a pass through so the trackers went to check and sure enough there was blood the duiker would only run 30 or 40 yards then lay down and hide so I got closer and put another shot in him he was done yes he was smaller but no matter he was mine. Its picture taken time.

View attachment 20509

He is yours. Glad you had enough confidence in your shooting to call BS and check on your trophy.

I think I may just have to try that little calling trick. We'll see what happens.

View attachment 20510
head to the skinning shed and back to HHS. You talk about hard 3 hours to get there 30 minutes to hunt and 3 hour drive back. And I've got a smile on my face you couldn't slap off, this completes my South African Spiral Horn Slam.

.and a very fine trophy to do. Congrats. They are an addiction in themselves.

Thanks for taking the time to share your story.

good stuff bobby
Ive been waiting for your hunting tale ,don't know how I missed it for a couple of days mate
sounds like a great trip for yourself and deb , love that blue knackered monkey ,lucky you didn't end up the same shooting debs warthog bob.
lucky shes a lady matey
that bloody eland sounds like one tuff s.o.b
and what a cool bushbuck , you kids had a ball thanks for sharing your experinces
when are you planning your next adventure?

Thanks for a great report!
You both got some outstanding animals.

Hi Bob, that was a great hunt, with lots of fine trophies.

Congrats and thanks for sharing !

Great hunt report Bob. Thank You John

Well to put a little cap on the report My Trophies finally made it in, longest shippment I've ever had they were picked up by the shippers But they failed to take the paperwork so they set in PE for a week while the paperwork was forwared. Then they were booked on a flight with SAA final Destination Atl Ga they arrived in Dulles but insted of forwarding them south to Atlanta they shipped them north to New York so they sat there for another week while F&WS and Customs went through them then they put them on a truck and shipped them to Atlanta and of course they arrived in Atlanta 3 hrs before my flight to Africa left Huntsville, AL. I figured this was going to happen so I had already been working with Forward Air in Atl. and the ladies there are Awesome to work with. when I got back to Dulles on the 18th I called them to let them know I was back in Country and would like to pick up my trophies the next day if they were open she said that they would be open until 2:00 to ask for Sharon bring the release paperwork a a $40.00 money order and they would load them for me as it turned out Sharon was this young lady's mother and both were a pleasure to work with. They got me loaded and within 30 min I was on my way back home.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSCN1198.jpg
    DSCN1198.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 136
  • DSCN1199.jpg
    DSCN1199.jpg
    271.2 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1200.jpg
    DSCN1200.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN1201.jpg
    DSCN1201.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 143
  • DSCN1202.jpg
    DSCN1202.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCN1203.jpg
    DSCN1203.jpg
    448.4 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCN1204.jpg
    DSCN1204.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 114
  • DSCN1205.jpg
    DSCN1205.jpg
    263.9 KB · Views: 126
  • DSCN1206.jpg
    DSCN1206.jpg
    355 KB · Views: 125
  • DSCN1207.jpg
    DSCN1207.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 118
  • DSCN1209.jpg
    DSCN1209.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 129
  • DSCN1210.jpg
    DSCN1210.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 117
  • DSCN1211.jpg
    DSCN1211.jpg
    321.1 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN1213.jpg
    DSCN1213.jpg
    317 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN1214.jpg
    DSCN1214.jpg
    379.3 KB · Views: 120
Bob,

Congratulations on getting your trophies back. They look great.

It sounds like they made it just in time so you can look at them while you write your new hunting report!

All the best.

They all look great Bob! Nothing like getting your trophies safely on home ground..

Thanks Wheels but no hunting report this time everything I had in my scope I let walk. My main reason for the trip this time for Deb and I was our good friends Rusty and Jami were getting hitched. I told them that when they get married Deb and I were coming to the wedding and we did. btw Have I told you how much I hate Jagermeister it was 2 days after the wedding before I could see straight again.:sweat:

Thanks Wheels but no hunting report this time everything I had in my scope I let walk. My main reason for the trip this time for Deb and I was our good friends Rusty and Jami were getting hitched. I told them that when they get married Deb and I were coming to the wedding and we did. btw Have I told you how much I hate Jagermeister it was 2 days after the wedding before I could see straight again.:sweat:

A hunting report doesn't have to have photos of dead animals. You can tell us of the 60 inch bull you had in your scope and let walk because his horns weren't symmetrical. I certainly will read it.

Got to watch out for that poison.

Everything turned out great Bob! Great feeling when you can finally put your hands on them the second time around......btw - Hasn't anyone told you you're way too old to be doing Jagermeister!!! :vomit: :draught:

nice trophies bobby,
really like the mannikan of the springbok,that hedgehog looks awesome aswell

Timing is everything.

Trophies look good Bob.

Should have gone for Jaeger Bombs! Helps keep you awake.

Those are awesome! That Eland makes the Black Bear in the corner look tiny!

Nice trophies, I need a warthog that BIG!!!

Very nice Bob, thanks for sharing !

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg