SOUTH AFRICA: Huntershill Safaris 2013 What A Time

Bob, great hunt. Thanks for the report and pics. Massive steenbok. Congratulations.

Looks like you two had a great time! Love the Eland and steenbucks!

Vaals everywhere???? I must go. And did you see those Steenbok? Whew!

Wow, you had a awesome hunt, the trophy quality was incredible! Deb's steenbok was HUGE and so was yours. What a eland!!! Deb got a super nice impala and kudu. And you know you wanted that warthog (lol)!

Well done Bob, thought i recognised you , I was sat opposite you at huntershill in the lodge ,i was only there for one day and night to try for gemsbok, managed one of 36 inch,glad you had agreat hunt all the best graeme

Bob, Some great trophies and very fond of the African Porcupine which always makes a spectacular addition to a trophy room. Also it always makes me happy to see members wearing their AH cap on their hunting safari!

Loved your story and pics Bob. Congrats to you both on a great hunt. Don't blame you on the eland.....they eluded me for 8 days.

Well done Bob, thought i recognised you , I was sat opposite you at huntershill in the lodge ,i was only there for one day and night to try for gemsbok, managed one of 36 inch,glad you had agreat hunt all the best graeme
Wow wish you could have been there longer would have liked to got to know you better also got to meet one of our members there that was going through the PH course, Patrick hope to run in to you guys again. :beer:

Bob, Some great trophies and very fond of the African Porcupine which always makes a spectacular addition to a trophy room. Also it always makes me happy to see members wearing their AH cap on their hunting safari!
Thanks Jerome and as far as the hats wouldn't think of going without them! Best Good luck charm we ever had Heck look at the trophies we got.:D

Thanks Jerome and as far as the hats wouldn't think of going without them! Best Good luck charm we ever had Heck look at the trophies we got.:D

+1! After my Mozambique trip, mine became my "good luck charm"!!!....Hey, "if it aint broke, don't fix it"

Here's one I thought you might enjoy. A clip of Deb a little nervous but shooting a Big Bore for the first time, 458 Win Mag.

Last edited by a moderator:
How close was she to the target?

How close was she to the target?

The target a small red brick was about 40 yards away. when the 450gr solid brass bullet hit it, it turned to a small cloud of red dust.:rock:

You are a lucky guy Bob, you do know, you are going to have make an addition to the house now.

You are a lucky guy Bob, you do know, you are going to have make an addition to the house now.

Yes and another gun safe as well if this keeps up. :laughing: Oh I didn't mention of the 13 animals taken the little sow that I took I have her tusk with me there going to be a pair of cork screw and bottle openers for the bar. with the others 4 will be full body mounts and 8 will be shoulder mounts.:D

An incredible hunt, a great partner to share it with. What could be better. I am happy for you both.

Very happy for you and Deb. What a fantastic hunt, going to be a nice taxidermy bill but oh well, it's worth it. I hope these memories stay with you for a long time brother. Congrats to the both of you.

and for those of you that know me you know that I'm hard of hearing from many years of military training, what Rusty said to me is do you want Deb to shoot this one what I heard was do you want to shoot this one and I answered with the crack of a rifle BIG PIG DOWN deb was getting out of the other side of the truck when the gun went off and said What The Hell! ....
View attachment 20499

I want to try this for an excuse when I see something big. :)

Nice pig..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marinagqe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber