SOUTH AFRICA: Hunt with Cruiser Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by cmnhunt, Sep 25, 2012.

1. gillettehunter

gillettehunter AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Kyrgyzstan South Africa
    Looks like you had a great safari.Lots of nice animal. Great BW and nice mass on the Nyala. I have used the Barnes TTSX and really like the penetration. You'll find lots of fans of them here on AH. My taxidermist was over earlier this year. They killed 31 animals, all 1 shot kills using Accubonds. Lots of good bullets to choose from. Bruce

2. Bhfs300

Bhfs300 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA Canada South Africa
    Enjoying the talk about the 300 WM I just got a Ruger 1 in 300 WM but have never shot Barnes so if you have any more info I will be using it for Elk and Mule Deer I hope.

3. gillettehunter

gillettehunter AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, Kyrgyzstan South Africa
    I have killed several deer and elk with the TTSX. The only thing that I don't like is the BC. If you are doing any long range shooting then they may not be optimal. Anywhere under 500 yards they will work gReat. You can use them with confidence. Bruce

4. Bhfs300

Bhfs300 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA Canada South Africa
    I have a nikon scope on it and the attachment is from a zero of 200 yards so I am going to pick up a box and see if I can zero it at 200 yd. I don't see me shooting over 300 yds. I can shoot a small rock at 300 with the SST? That is what I picked when I got the rifle. image.jpg

5. Bhfs300

Bhfs300 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA Canada South Africa
    another question are you from Gillette Wy I lived there for 21 years from 1975 to 1996.

BHFS300