SOUTH AFRICA: Hunt the Sun

kevin doherty

Reaction score
Hello there, I am a first time safari hunter and I am headed to hunt with hunt he sun safari out of port Elizabeth SA , curious if anyone has any info on this outfitter?

I have not hunted with them but have seen them on tv, I believe with Jim Burnworth and his buddy from the show choose your weapon and the other show they used to have (drawing a blank on the name of that one now). Looked like a great place, best of luck

Hi Kevin,
I have hunted with Mike Birch a few times, you'll be in good hands.
Will be a wonderful experience and I'm sure Mike will make this a trip to remember.
Enjoy!

Mike is a good operator.You won't have any problems with him.

You got lucky this time though enquiring about an outfitter after the fact.It would probably be wise to inquire about the outfitter before you book.

Have a great time an enjoy the Eastern Cape.

Sage words from Dave. Always ask questions and check references first !

I hunted with Mike's outfit twice in South Africa and he set up my Zimbabwe hunt. Tell Mike what you want from your hunt, what you want to experience from your safari and he'll do his best to make it happen.

Mike worked as a professional biologist for a number of years and he can give you a real education on the magic of all of the habitat and vegetaion types in Eastern Cape. I really loved my experience there in 2012.

Thanks a lot for the good feedback,I am really looking forward to this hunt.i am from British Columbia in Canada and have never been to Africa.

You have been warned!!!!! The call of Africa WILL ENSURE that you return again and again and again.......GOOD LUCK with your hunt, looking forward to the pucs and report in due course.

What Bruce has said is the exact truth. Your Africa hunting adventures are only beginning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Imogen6571

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois