SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Thormahlen & Cochran?

I don't know if it will ever get straightened out..I've even had a fellow outfitter try to talk w him and he holds a degree in stubbonry.. I hunted lion w them in Namibia for 4 weeks and had a 10 sec opportunity at 40 yds but couldn't get a good shot late one night.. So all my time was spent on the lion and didn't have a chance to hunt buffalo...I think Thormahlen lost our original hard contract because he won't acknowledge the stated animals that were given for bait nor did he have any idea how much I had paid them...this was a very pricey hunt so I know they didn't lose anything...he originally promised me a return hunt for lion for just daily rates but his demeanor drastically changed once i returned to the states...I'm not holding him to his word on that but am about a springbuck and gemsbok that he gave me verbally the first am at breakfast...on my emails to him he won't address those given animals nor what is in my contract !! If this wasn't gospel I wouldn't dare post all this online but I challenge him to look at the contract and tell me where I am wrong ..

Hi John,

I'm curious if you've heard anything from Peter yet? I've never hunted with him but did meet him and one of his PH's in Namibia back in 2008 and spoke to him at a number of shows since then. He has always came across as a very likeable person to me, but like I said before, I've never hunted with him. I do expect to see him again in 10 days at the Sheep Show in Reno or at least in Vegas at SCI.

I don't know if I'm missing something in your complaint against him but it appears that you are more upset about being charged for the springbuck & gemsbuck (bait) than the trophy fees for the lion and buffalo you did not shoot but paid for. I don't know what the tropy charges were for the lion & buffalo but I do know they were a lot more. If it were me I would be making that my major complaint.
Randy

Hi John I met Cochran at the DSC Convention and just got an email from him about hunting in Namibia and your right he comes across as a very nice guy, don't know if I will ever hunt with them but the list and prices of his 2012 package sure look good.

If you watch the Outdoor channel, SCI Expedition's has been hunting on their propety in Namibia, the last two weeks. It looks pretty nice!

If you watch the Outdoor channel, SCI Expedition's has been hunting on their propety in Namibia, the last two weeks. It looks pretty nice!

Ya I saw that one yesterday pretty good show if there not on the up-n-up their pretty good at hiding it.

I know the PH, that was guiding the hunter...he's a good guy!

What I don't understand is why the trophies would be held up if the outfitter owes the client money? I can see if it was the other way around. Doesn't make sense to me but I may be missing something.

Baydog, makes sense.... Maybe john could clarify, I still maintain that a private meeting should be scheduled, asap I understand the whole argument behind expenses and whatever that Brickburn raised but if you want an issue resolved and you have a strong feeling behind it you'd make a plan to see the outfitter, I would.

If it runs me a $400 flight I'd still do it, thats still my advise as a course of action.

My best always.

It drives me nuts when they don't put trophy fee's on the website.

Tom here are some of there prices and packages I would think the prices in RSA would be close to the same. Bob

Attachments

• Namibia Price list final (1).pdf
    246.3 KB · Views: 210
Tom here are some of there prices and packages I would think the prices in RSA would be close to the same. Bob

BOY was I wrong their prices are no where near the same here is the prices & packages for SA. and to correct myself it was Anso Thormahlen that I met at DSC.

Attachments

• SA Price list.pdf
    235.3 KB · Views: 196
Wow this is an old thread. Did it ever get resolved?

Well the OP only had 3 posts on here, so its hard to say and its been over 3 years so we may never know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corteiztracksuit45

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!