SOUTH AFRICA: Has Anyone Hunted With Crusader Safaris?

Or maybe the honor is yours! LOL

That is the rear end of my Eland sticking up out of that brushy dry river bed... After an uphill stalk, circling twice to get above a group of 7 bulls after getting to within about 50' but no shot because it was so thick, I hit him too far back and he went in to some really thick stuff so Mark sent the dog in to chase him out. It was quite the sight to see that little dog hot on the trail of that big Eland running across the prairie. Gizmo was barking the whole time. I got off 3 shots and managed to put one in the chest at a full run. That slowed him down and the dog was instantly right up on his heels and Marked yelled, "stop shooting, I don't want you to hit my dog!" It was an exciting hunt.

As one guy put it, those little Jack Russell's look in the mirror and see a Lion looking back!

Lol right. I think I am as excited to meet the dog as I am about everything else. Lol

I could easily add to the photos of my hunt with Crusader. LOL The first photos are of Andrew's accommodations in the Baviaans area. I understood Chris to now be a silent partner of Andrew's. The photo of the home is Chris and Melinda's in the Stormberg area and where you will stay if you hunt with them there. The last photo is of the group I went with. My PH, Ty Schulpfort, was kind enough to sit by me so I wouldn't "look" so short. The things Outfitters do to please their clients. :LOL:
543552_387598854612469_648449872_n.jpg
554421_387599011279120_1397862393_n.jpg
542466_387602567945431_1926601451_n.jpg
535156_387626111276410_1423084409_n.jpg
538881_387624154609939_258335876_n.jpg

I just wanted to take a moment and post on here about Andrew and Crusader Safaris. I have hunted with Crusaders on numerous occasions and loved every minute of it. I can not say enough good things about the professionalism and dedication of Andrew and his whole outfit. I have hunted with other outfitters in South Africa but knew I found a "home" with Crusaders after my first hunt with them.

I hunted with Andrew this past September and took a great Oribi and a fantastic Cape Kudu in the Karoo. In my numerous hunts with Crusader I have hunted everything from a lioness up on the Botswana border to a blue duiker down by Port Elizabeth and I can't wait to go again. If anyone has any further questions or concerns about Andrew or Crusader Safaris I'd be glad to speak with you.

Stay safe and good hunting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 142
Great, from the sounds of it I lucked into a truley great outfitter.

Gizmo Action Bob and I have traded several posts with one another and he speaks very highly if this group. Be sure to post some pictures when you get back. Have a great hunt.

I went there in May and had a spectacular hunt. The quality of animals was spectacular and the guys were great to hunt with. If you want a good vaal rhebok this is a good outfit to try. the one on my avatar is from that hunt. All the pics in my photo gallery are as well.

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross