SOUTH AFRICA: Anyone Who Hunted with African Sky Hunting Safaris

Thanks for the offer Jacques. I would love hunt with you brother in law. I am not if it will work out but if does great. As I have said before I have not met a bad PH yet. You guys are all the most professional and represent your name very well!

Hi ILCAPO. Wife of JAMIED here and wanted to chime in. Actually wanting to help you with your wife situation. ( :
When we went to Africa we also had a hunt and photo safari. I thought when we left that the hunting days were going to be "my husband's trip" and the safari was "my part of the trip". I was pleasantly surprised at how the entire trip was my trip too. I'm not a hunter and am not a super outdoorsy person (I don't forage for berries and take hikes in Yellowstone). I have to say that the whole trip was so surreal that it almost didn't matter what we were doing...it was just such a great experience. I had never been in a blind before but ended up having a wonderful time sitting with my husband and PH in the blind...watching, waiting, talking.
We are going to Zim this summer and going to the Falls for the first time. There is a daily flight from Joburg to the Falls that costs around $255 each (one way) as an option. I have read that you can take a whole day or half a day at the falls might be adequate. Keep in mind the time of year you will go as to how the falls will look. When the water is abudant, you might not see the falls well due to mist. There is also a day trip you can take into Chobe (Botswana) to do a river cruise to see the animals (most parks don't seem to have a river source through them so this is special). This is what we are planning to do.

I'd be happy to convince your wife (ha ha) or give you whatever info I can privately if you'd like.

Good luck and happy dreaming with your trip!

Thanks so much! Yes, my wife wants to go to Africa, but isn't quite an antsy to go as I am. It's going to take some disciplined savings over the next two years before we'll be able to pull this off. Vacations always wind up costing more than planned anyways.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross