SOUTH AFRICA: HartzView Hunting Safaris Report South Africa

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by deerslayer75, Mar 16, 2011.

1. deerslayer75

deerslayer75 AH Senior Member

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, & Africa
    I just got back from hunting with Jacques Spamer of HartzView Hunting Safaris and it was the greatest hunting and single experience of my life. This hunt was also very physically and mentally demanding contrary to what a lot of people think the animals do not just stand in the middle of the road at 50yds and let you shoot them off the truck.

Flight was long but Delta had a huge selection of movies which helped o and the free beer wasn't bad either!

Jacques was there waiting for us as we got off the plane and got our luggage. Right away he made it seem very personal and that he was there for you!

The lodging is spectacular. The chilets are very nicely built and each has their own bathrooms, AC/Heat units, very comfortable beds, and they have plenty of room with storage for cloths.

Day 1: I missed a Blesbok that would have been close to 17inches maybe a little bigger at 160yds. Later that day I killed an Eland Cow, my first African animal killed at 85 yards.

Day 2: Had some stalks on some wildebeest as well as Impala. Wounded an impala at 170yds and we did not recover it. Was a poor shot on my part and yet Jacques still tracked for over 6 hours and each day we went back looking for crows or jackal sign. Where most guys would have given up he continued the search, you can tell he has a real passion and love for what he does.

Day 3: Killed a very nice Blue Wildebeest. Right at 28inches which is very nice. Made some great stalks on other Wildebeest just something always seemed to be working against us. For instance I was very close to pulling trigger on a big bull when out of nowhere a Gemsbok walks in front blocks shot and wildebeest walks off.

Day 4: Focused solely on Kudu this day and made a good stalk and had gun on shooting sticks but kudu took off and disappeared like their name: the Grey Ghost.

Day 5: Killed a 23 plus inch impala and a 16 1/2in Blesbok. Actually was glassing for Kudu and the Blesbok happened to be there. He was big and old so perfect one.

The amount of animals and the amount of trophy animals we saw while there was incredible, like nothing i have ever seen before.

To say the least I will be going back to africa as much and as many times as I can. The people, the experience, the food, and the hunting was tremendous. We got to try the animals I killed and a few others as well. Eland steaks and liver were excellent!!!!

I highly recommend HartzView Hunting Safaris. If anyone has any questions at all email me at r.kaullen@yahoo.com I will be more then glad to answer them. If you want over email I will give you my cell number so we can talk in person.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. seattlesetters

seattlesetters AH Senior Member

Oustanding report and trophies!
  3. Bushbuck

Bushbuck AH Enthusiast

Congradulations on a great safari! It is so nice to see the Hunting reports are starting to come in. Nice quality photos, thanks for posting.
  4. deerslayer75

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, & Africa
    thanks guys yea we shot the eland for camp meat which was great for me because it got a good hunt under my belt and helped settle me down
  5. enysse

enysse AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Member of:
    Northeast Wisconsin SCI chapter, Lifetime member of NRA,RMEF
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa (East Cape, Guateng and Limpopo)
    Thanks for posting a hunt report, glad you had a good time!
  6. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    Thanks for the report. Eland meat is definitely my favorite.
  7. AfricaHunting.com

AfricaHunting.com FOUNDER AH Ambassador

My Photos:
    Thanks for sharing your hunt and pictures with us deerslayer75! Glad to hear that you had an amazing time with Jacques at HartzView Hunting Safaris.
  8. James.Grage

James.Grage GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NRA, ATA, PITA, NAHC, NAFC, DU, TU, DSC, SCI, RMEF
    Hunted:
    USA - Canada -Tanzania, South Africa, Zimbabwe
    another happy hunter...
  9. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    THANKS for the hunting report great pictures gives everyone hope that they will be one of the LUCKY two posting hunting reports for them soon.
  10. Hartzview Hunting Safaris

Hartzview Hunting Safaris SPONSOR AH Fanatic

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, DSC, NRA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe
    Hey Ryan,

Thank you for taking the time and posting the report. Oh and welcome to the forum you will enjoy it here! Was great hunting with you and looking forward on having you back here in 2012!

Best regards,

Jacques
  11. deerslayer75

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, & Africa
    cant wait to be back bud missing it a lot!
  12. deerslayer75

My Photos:
    Hunted:
    USA, Canada, & Africa
    yea i liked it a lot i was expecting it to have a gamey taste but i was pleasently suprised