SOUTH AFRICA: Gizmo Family's African Safari Hunt

When they do sort him out, I think we would all like to know about that bullet! Well, at least me....
Yes sir I will give a full update with what we find whether it be good bad or indifferent.

Holy Crap, Erik, how did I miss your writeup? Just spent the last hour or so catching up on it start to finish. All I can say is you have second career coming after your LE days are over, hunting and writing for a living! It was better than some of the stuff written in the hunting rags. Tough call on the buffalo. To a real hunter there's nothing worse than taking one to bed with you.
Great to see you had your trip of a lifetime. It truly was special with the family along for the adventure. Am looking forward to seeing that video of you and Fred at my next trip to the Rockin' G.

Last edited:
Holy Crap, Erik, how did I miss your writeup? Just spent the last hour or so catching up on it start to finish. All I can say is you have second career coming after your LE days are over, hunting and writing for a living! It was better than some of the stuff written in the hunting rags. Tough call on the buffalo. To a real hunter there's nothing worse than taking one to bed with you.
Great to see you had your trip of a lifetime. It truly was special with the family along for the adventure. Am looking forward to seeing that video of you and Fred at my next trip to the Rockin' G.
Thanks Dale, I'm glad you enjoyed the report. I look forward to you coming back, we'll get you an even bigger hog this time ;)

Gizmo,
That was the best hour of "work" i have had in a long time. If hunting does not work out for you, writing surely could. Any update on the Buffalo. I know it has been over six months but would love to see a picture if the animal was finally taken.

Your description of taking the old wise buff was awesome and could not agree more with your thinking.

Thanks for the write up and I cant wait until you go to africa again just for the next installment.

Thank you Michael, yes we finally did recover the old man back in October. I did a full write up on it as well let me see if I can find it.
Also, I did exactly just that and wrote a book. It's at the editor now and will hopefully be available this fall.

@gizmo Great to hear about the book! You'll have to let everyone here know how to get a copy once published!

Thanks Gizmo, I will look for the write up and the book.

Hey guys, I posted a link to this on another forum. I was reading over stuff and figured I'd give an update on the book. I sent it to the editor. He like me, has been swamped and we haven't had much time to work on it. I'm hoping that will change here in the very near future as I will have another big announcement coming up sometime in October soooo..... Stay tuned and I'll give ya'll an update soon.

Awesome! Looking forward to it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg