SOUTH AFRICA: Family Safari At Huntershill Safaris (If my wife & kids can do it so can yours!)

Cool to see that you and the crew had a great time.

The time some buddies and myself were at Huntershill, it seemed too "organized" and structured to cater to high-dollar European "hunters". Not overly impressed with the skinners and their facility. Nor the eatery. Wayyyyyy to stuffy as courses were served with no flexibility and beverages were charges, not included.. I prefer the 'family style' meals I've had.
Thanks Rick! It was fun and everyone had a great hunt. Sorry your experience wasn't the same. I do not have a dog in the fight but just curious, when were you there? Dinner was served like a buffet style and seemed down to earth when we were there. (I am a transplanted hillbilly so maybe I am not the best judge. lol) They do write things down to make sure that internal theft isn't occurring. My wife was worried at first but we had everything included in our package and I verified with Greg so there were no worries for us. (except for a bit of a hangover one morning while chasing Black Wildebeest)

That is great to see the kids out having a good time. Less than a week and my family will be on there way, if we have half the fun your family had we should have a great adventure
Very Cool! Where are you guys heading to and what are you after?

Congratulations to everyone.
There is sure a lot to see in the EC.

Have to love Jonathan's attitude on the Gemsbok shot.

Thanks for the write up.
Thanks Brickburn! While the trackers were looking for it he was say Dad, I KNOW I hit it. Pretty confident for a 12 year old. Very proud of him and all my kids!

Congrats on a great hunt with Huntershill they are a great outfit for small and large family's. Those are some fine Trophies Congrats and good shooting to all.

Very Cool! Where are you guys heading to and what are you after?
we are going with cruser safari. My son John has a package, Mahlia wants ostrich, warthog and a zebra for her room. I think I'm going as an observer. I have been the observer for the last 4 years, maybe the kids will let dad shoot for a change

Thanks Rick! It was fun and everyone had a great hunt. Sorry your experience wasn't the same. I do not have a dog in the fight but just curious, when were you there? Dinner was served like a buffet style and seemed down to earth when we were there. (I am a transplanted hillbilly so maybe I am not the best judge. lol) They do write things down to make sure that internal theft isn't occurring. My wife was worried at first but we had everything included in our package and I verified with Greg so there were no worries for us. (except for a bit of a hangover one morning while chasing Black Wildebeest)

We were there for a buddy's handgun cape buffalo in Sep-Oct. 2012. Everything for the meal was served as a "course", no buffet style. I would have definitely liked your experience better. And it seemed like we hung out at the main lodge a lot just waiting to go hunting.

It was fun to go check out the tigers, lions, and a cheetah that they had in their large pens. None of the leopards were out. Plus watching the red river hogs was pretty fun as well.

I will say it was neat walking back to the cabin/lodge at night from the main build and firing up the flashlight. The trees just glow with eyes everywhere!

mcdowelr ~ Thanks for taking time to share your safari - great story and awesome photos! Glad you had a great trip!

Congrats on the great hunt, thanks for the pictures!

Well Good Luck to all of you! I hope you guys have a great trip!

Looks like the family had a blast. Congrats to all.

Always special when you can make it a family affair. Thanks for sharing.

What a great trip! It appears (big smiles in all the photos)that everyone had a fantastic time. Thanks for posting. 57 days and a wake up and I'll be heading over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg