Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, North American Hunting Club
Hunted
South Africa
In 2007, I participated in my first African Safari. After meeting representatives of East Cape Safaris (ECS) at the Harrisburg Sportsman's Show in Harrisburg, PA, I contacted references and everyone I talked to gave ECS their highest recommendations. A friend and myself spent 10 great days hunting with Grant Abrahamson and his staff. I could not have asked for a better experience. The lodging was great and the food was exceptional. The staff including, cooks, skinners and trackers and the PH's did everything possible to make sure that we had a great experience. We were so pleased with our first hunt that we joined ECS again in 2013. It was like returning home. Grant, Sarine and his children treated us like family. The children even referred us as, "Uncle." I liked that.

ECS is in a malaria free zone and no shots are required. It has several large concessions, the most distant was only about an hour away from the lodge. We spent our time hunting, not riding. There is an abundance of game and great trophy potential. We saw hundreds of animals daily of many different species and if we did our part we collected our trophies. Our PH's worked hard to make sure that we were successful. Grant is also a PH and joined us on many days. That personal touch is one of the things that makes ECS a great place to enjoy your safari. If you are considering a safari, do yourself a favor and contact, eastcapesafaris.co.za. Grant will personally answer all of your questions and provide you with all the information that you need.

As a final note, Grant is very concerned about the future of hunting. We have all seen outfitters that are in the business, and it really is a business, for the fast buck. They charge high rates and if you don't get your trophy that's too bad. They pat you on the head and tell you to come back next year. Grant and his staff are totally committed to your success and wellbeing while you are at ECS. What more can we ask?

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
In 2007, I participated in my first African Safari. After meeting representatives of East Cape Safaris (ECS) at the Harrisburg Sportsman's Show in Harrisburg, PA, I contacted references and everyone I talked to gave ECS their highest recommendations. A friend and myself spent 10 great days hunting with Grant Abrahamson and his staff. I could not have asked for a better experience. The lodging was great and the food was exceptional. The staff including, cooks, skinners and trackers and the PH's did everything possible to make sure that we had a great experience. We were so pleased with our first hunt that we joined ECS again in 2013. It was like returning home. Grant, Sarine and his children treated us like family. The children even referred us as, "Uncle." I liked that.

ECS is in a malaria free zone and no shots are required. It has several large concessions, the most distant was only about an hour away from the lodge. We spent our time hunting, not riding. There is an abundance of game and great trophy potential. We saw hundreds of animals daily of many different species and if we did our part we collected our trophies. Our PH's worked hard to make sure that we were successful. Grant is also a PH and joined us on many days. That personal touch is one of the things that makes ECS a great place to enjoy your safari. If you are considering a safari, do yourself a favor and contact, eastcapesafaris.co.za. Grant will personally answer all of your questions and provide you with all the information that you need.

As a final note, Grant is very concerned about the future of hunting. We have all seen outfitters that are in the business, and it really is a business, for the fast buck. They charge high rates and if you don't get your trophy that's too bad. They pat you on the head and tell you to come back next year. Grant and his staff are totally committed to your success and wellbeing while you are at ECS. What more can we ask?

Any pictures?

No offence, but this feels more like an advert than a report.. Spin the yarn, we all love a story.

Last edited:
Pics would be welcome. Bruce

Gentleman, I will vouch for Grant. I know him very well.

You will have a good safaris and will be looked after.

Well it's a nice report and I'll take the man at his word. However, pictures tell the story much better. I hope some will be shared.

Thanks for sharing, look forward to the pics!!

Larry,

No pics are showing up yet

There they are! Nice, thanks for sharing

Nice photos. Thanks for posting.
Now it is harder to wait until 2017 when I go back :)

I'll give East Cape Safaris a big thumbs up Grant and his staff are great.

Congrats Larry, for a great hunt and very nice trophies !

That steenbok would like nice in my trophy room!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.