Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SA Hunters , Lowveld Hunters , BASA
Hunted
South Africa , Zimbabwe , Botswana , Mozambique , Tanzania , Scotland , France , Belgium , USA
This beautiful old Dagga boy was taken 2 days ago in the APNR.

My hunter , Horst , a German gentleman , had hunted many buffalo before , but insisted he wanted a very old , worn down Buffalo with lots of " you owe me money " Character.

After tracking and looking over a number of Bulls we found this old warrior lying up under a palm tree in a dry river bed. The setting was beautiful , with us standing up on the ridge spotting him , and below us the long winding dry river dotted with green vegetation , rocks and pools of water. The old Dagga boy obviously also approved of the place.
a Lengthy stalk put us within 40 yards of the Bull when suddenly he sensed we were there , jumped up and started running up the embankment. A deep Buffalo call came from Calvin , my tracker , and the Bull stopped in his tracks and turned side on , giving us the look. Just enough time for me to get the shooting sticks into new position and for Horst to take his shot. He did good, he had his Bull and realized a life time dream.

36fe4e7e-43a9-4423-8c40-b44eccb0c92f_zpskyoaoxcf.jpg

This is where he was hiding in. We spotted him from the top of the ridge.

DSCN6687_zpsmrz2gb5c.jpg

Who knows how many battles this old Warrior had fought in his life , with other Bulls and Lions alike.
I was reminded again of how privileged we are to still be able to hunt Buffalo in a beautiful and natural big 5 areas like this.

Attachments

• DSCN6687_zpsmrz2gb5c.jpg
    DSCN6687_zpsmrz2gb5c.jpg
    647.6 KB · Views: 166
  • 36fe4e7e-43a9-4423-8c40-b44eccb0c92f_zpskyoaoxcf.jpg
    36fe4e7e-43a9-4423-8c40-b44eccb0c92f_zpskyoaoxcf.jpg
    862.7 KB · Views: 690
Last edited by a moderator:
People can wax lyrical about inches and spread until the cows come home but if I ever get the chance to hunt a buffalo, I would want one like this.

Character wins over inches every single time for me.

Congratulations to you and Horst.

Cheers to an old warrior and cheers to a job well done. :D Beers:

Woaaa. Outstanding bull. I fuly agree to character rather than spread and inches.

Very nice trophy, taken in a very nice area.

Congratulations to you both.

He is a nice old boy for sure! He will look good on the wall.

Congrats! Awesome Dagga Boy.

As some are inclined to say, "Proper."

Great bull !

Proper buff Jan.

Congratulations to all involved.

Thanks for sharing.

That's a bull....

Well done.

Thanks everyone , the really cool part is that most of the funds created from these hunts go towards anti poaching efforts in the reserve. Makes one feel good about doing your part. Hunting these unfenced big 5 areas in this part of the world is a wonderful experience and a great privilege.

Nice old bull
Congratulations

Heading over on Saturday and hope to run into his twin brother early next week. Nice bull
Thank you for sharing

Congratulations on a great bull, well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elisa56S81

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.