Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, RMEF, NAHC. LSBA
Hunted
USA, New Zealand, South Africa
If you are interested in booking a hunt with a bowhunting PH only, then look no further that Harry Nel with African Arrow Safaris. African Arrow Safaris

I have hunted with Harry twice, 2008 and 2010 and we are booked again for this coming Sept. There were 2 of us that hunted with him in 2008 and we shot 17 animals and brought back 15 ( I lost a Kudu and Warthog). We took 2 first time Africa hunters again in 2010 and brought back 28 animals between us on our 10 day hunt. this is a family run operation with close to 100,000 acres of concessions. Harry and his brother Bronte are bowhunters as are his PH's. All the hides are set up for shots from 18 to 22 yards, a bowhunters dream. He hunts mostly pit hides with a few elevated hides. Walk and stalk is always an option, especially early in the season. He takes small groups on the 10 day hunts, 4 to 6 hunters and about 25 to 30 hunters max per year. Family built thatched roof lodge w/hottub, wonderful meals overseen by his mother Henriette and nightly entertainment by his Dad, Coen, the life of the party. I plan on going back to RSA every other year and it will always be with Harry. I cannot say enough quality thing about his operation. Not only will you be treated like kings and queens, you will have the opportunity at trophy animals through the year. His minimum on Kudu is 50". We killed 5 between the 4 of us in 2010 with the smallest at 51" and the largest at 57 1/2". I will put his trophy quality up against any other outfit in Africa. Harry and his PH's will not let you shoot an animal they do not deem a trophy. If you would like any further proof, just give me your email and I will send you pics of the 43 animals we have taken in 2 hunts with him. Harry's girlfriend Dierdre Mathews is a tour guide owner/director and can set up your flights and any other concessions you may want such as side tours for non hunting companions or a before or after tour. Her website is Welcome - Come2Africa. Check them out, you will not be sorry.

Here is a pic of my Warthog from 2010, not bad!

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Satisfied hunter. Congrats.

Huge warthog! Congrats.

Mudslinger next time your in touch with your friends let them know that their contact link doesn't seem to work.

And they should post their prices. I just think it makes it easier for hunters looking around.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will let them know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg