AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SAHGCA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana
How about this for a first hunt? Shot 2 blesbok in a matter of 15 seconds! The first one was a big RW ewe. The second was a young ram. The ewe measured 17"! I am really happy with the horns. Just thought I'd post this, because it was such a wonderful memory hunting blesbok at night with a spotlight! Up to this day, I remember what my dad told me. He still does - 1/3 up the body, about an inch behind the shoulder - and it has worked so well every time! I dropped both blesbok in their tracks with a .223 Rem that night. This year, I succeeded just as well. I put an old gemsbok down right in her tracks with a 139gr Hornady SST SuperFormance from my dad's 'old' reliable Rug 7x57. Shot placement is key!

whenever we spotlight /cull deer or kangaroos ,in the night .head shots are the order, ruan. so you don't have to look for them
neck shots will do, and only a spine if you stuff up the first shot .to anchor the animal.
when we get the order to thin fallow deer out , or the odd samba deer ,out of a crop or pasture ,we only take what we can use , or sell as dog meat .
kangaroos we will chest shootem because theres not a lot of meat up top .

spot light

trophy up the leg and on the shoulder

no trophy in the head...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pace88win__

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you