SOUTH AFRICA: Anybody know anything about Comre Safaris?

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by texwalker, Jul 16, 2013.

1. texwalker

texwalker New Member

I can't seem to find much info on these guys Welcome to Comre Safaris - Comre Safaris. It appears that Chris Liebenberg, Rudolph Stephan, Nico Lourens are the main guys. I saw an older post about Lourens that was not flattering. Any info, good bad or otherwise would be helpful. Thanks

2. Jaco Strauss

Jaco Strauss AH Elite

My Photos:
    Member of:
    SCI, PHASA, IPHA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Tanzania
    texwalker, welcome to AH, Nico is a hard man, I did a couple of Leopard hunts over hounds with him and I have heard a bird song that he has sold his portion of Comre, I can not confirm this in writing though... sorry about that.
    Who I can vouch for is one of the professional hunters that hunt in Comre, Jason Van Aarde, we conducted a couple of Elle hunts together I with him and he with me, Jason is a great guide and has a strong knowledge on African dangerous game and the particulars needed to harvest good trophy quality, his relaxed and friendly approach makes it a great experience to hunt with and along side him.

He use to be part of Tomkinson African safaris a well established company operating out of Kwazulu Natal, try to get a hold of Jason and talk with him, if you need help I can help you to get in touch as well....

As I say I can comfortably vouch for him.

My best always

3. Hadeeda

Hadeeda New Member

4. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Welcome to AH texwalker! Don't know a thing about Comre Safaris but you've come to the right forum to find some of the best outfitters and PH's to hunt with. give the guys here and idea of what your looking for as far as animals and I'm willing to bet they've got it. Good luck with your reseach. Bob

5. Nyati

Nyati AH Legend

My Photos:
    Member of:
    RFEC, RFETO
    Hunted:
    Finland, RSA ( KwaZulu Natal, Limpopo, North West ), Spain
    Welcome to AH, Texwalker, seems you already got some useful info.