Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
South Africa Airlink Update

On October 4th, SCI informed members that South African Airlink would be not be able to handle firearms at some of their smaller regional airports. This only includes a handful of the airports and does not affect their handling of firearms that go to international destinations. Please be aware that this is SA Airlink and not South African Airways.

The following is the original announcement about South African Airlink: SCI has learned that SA Airlink recently limited the number of their airports that will handle firearm transportation due to new South African regulations on handling procedures effective November 1. Their policy states that SA Airlink will stop the transportation of firearms effective November. However in an official statement by aviation security manager, Mac Makkink said “We recognize that the hunting industry, a valuable tourist attraction and economic factor, is an important user of our airline. We will therefore attempt to accommodate hunters by transporting their rifles to destinations where they can be legally handled.”

From November 1st, only hunting rifles will be transported to and from OR Tambo International, Johannesburg, Cape Town Durban, Port Elizabeth, Kimberly, Polokwane, Phalaborwa, Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport and Nelspruit. They also stated that until November 1st, they will continue to transport firearms to all their destinations excluding Mafikeng, Mthatha, Phalaborwa and Pietermaritzburg. For more information, visit Airlink - Ongoing ban of firearms.

Source: Safari Club International

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeilaLemie

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg