SOUTH AFRICA: African Sky Safaris

Discussion in 'Hunting Reports' started by Single Shot .410, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Single Shot .410

Single Shot .410 New Member

I would. The PH's .308 was great and I'm glad I didn't bring mine. The ammo was expensive: $100 for c. 10 rounds, but I'm still glad I didn't bring any of that, either. You'll be very tired and a little wary when you get to South Africa, even if you've been before; you'll want to have no hassles or delays of any kind and, even though safari companies have a lot of experience with getting clients' rifles into and around the country, and even though that sort of thing frequently goes smoothly, sometimes it doesn't, and it's nice not to have to think about it.

2. steamman

steamman New Member

Thank you for your quick reply Single Shot .410. I heard a lot of horror stories from people at my local range about other safari company's rifles. It is a relief to know that I can leave my rifles at home and not have to go through the hassles that you mentioned, this being my 1st trip to Africa.

3. Single Shot .410

Single Shot .410 New Member

I just got my trophies back from Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane, South Africa. They turned-out great. African Sky didn't exactly recommend Capricorn, but my PH did invite them to the lodge before I left, and vouched for their work.

And with that, my experience is complete. I had a lot of fun, everything went smoothly, and I'd confidently recommend African Sky to anyone, particularly a first-timer who wants things to be done the right way, and who's willing to pay for it.

CAustin likes this.
  4. Bobpuckett

Bobpuckett GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NAHC Life Member, NRA Life Member,SCI, Buckmasters
    Hunted:
    USA(from Coast to Coast and Alaska), Germany, South Africa, Canada
    Single shot 410 we would love to see pics of the trophies you took as well as the mount, some of us may want to use them in the future.:thumb:

5. BRICKBURN

BRICKBURN SUPER MODERATOR CONTRIBUTOR GOLD BENEFACTOR AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico
    Any pictures of your trophy work?

6. CAustin

CAustin AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    I had Capricon do my taxidermy work too. It's on the ocean now coming to me and I can hardly wait. I have a picture of my Kudu and Impala in my photo gallery that they did

7. CAustin

CAustin AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    Single shot 410. Did you ship by sea or air? Did you get a second bill from an import agent after your trophies arrived? Curious about others experience.